Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Darius Garland to Vandy

33 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

According to Choppy it sounds like it's gonna be IU.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I wouldn't go that far yet. This is nothing new about his family sitting down, I shared that last week before his visit, but a decision could end up being next week, but I heard no surprise would be later in the week. Nothing definite. I believe we are in great shape. News doesn't come around at each hour of the day lol. It is usually just different "insiders" sharing their opinion. I would definitely keep an eye on things the next day or so for either or commitment or a date for an announcement. 

I wouldn't go that far yet. This is nothing new about his family sitting down, I shared that last week before his visit, but a decision could end up being next week, but I heard no surprise would be later in the week. Nothing definite. I believe we are in great shape. News doesn't come around at each hour of the day lol. It is usually just different "insiders" sharing their opinion. I would definitely keep an eye on things the next day or so for either or commitment or a date for an announcement. 

You still thinking its gonna be us?

2 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

You still thinking its gonna be us?

Idk, the quietness surrounding him and vandy has been weird specially after they visited late last week. I wouldn't be shocked if it was them. I do think we are the leaders though. I truly believe it will be us. As I stated in the past it was never made official but I really think Romeo and Darius are a package deal in a sense. Obvioisly they could both go to seperate schools, but I have had the feeling for awhile. Kinda sounds like Romeo has had a huge voice in schools Darius has been talking to/visiting. Like I said no real info is being spread and probably won't be until close to him announcing since he is so far in the process.

Idk, the quietness surrounding him and vandy has been weird specially after they visited late last week. I wouldn't be shocked if it was them. I do think we are the leaders though. I truly believe it will be us. As I stated in the past it was never made official but I really think Romeo and Darius are a package deal in a sense. Obvioisly they could both go to seperate schools, but I have had the feeling for awhile. Kinda sounds like Romeo has had a huge voice in schools Darius has been talking to/visiting. Like I said no real info is being spread and probably won't be until close to him announcing since he is so far in the process.

Sounds like Archie may need to pop in on him one last time.

Before I say anything else, I will say this, everyone be thankful for this board. I went to other boards today thinking of joining another one and it was horrible. Seriously. This board has the same insiders, knowledgeable posters, great mix of guys and is free. Best board period.

You posted this just to get likes. Really sad.....just kidding. Appreciate what you bring to the board.

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

3edb44d5a4eda6eaf1880c5d2b8ff344.jpg&key=2ce7bb65b806892b9f5bf6cb5b29392ea72642dcebb882eb26b3bb5b9c3cb037
This is what vandy 62 posted on twitter and said this came from Darius brother

Sent from my SM-G955U using BtownBanners mobile app

That quote is from an excerpt in an article written by Adam Zagoria.

Sounds like my plagiarism attempts in high school..

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

It’s been said before, but this feels like it’s gonna be a battle between hometown ties and the better/bigger opportunity. I think our ties to Winston and the family being from Indiana are a unique twist though. Think that makes it easier for DG and fam to go away from Nashville I’m the end.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn't Darius live in Indiana until 7th grade? I guess I don't really get the "hometown hero" angle when he didn't grow up there. 

Yea but you are gonna have pretty strong ties to that area when all your friends are there and your family are there. But I do think being from Indiana is a good thing for us. Maybe hometown is not the right word. But it’s still a huge factor.

Just now, Me So Hornsby said:

Yea but you are gonna have pretty strong ties to that area when all your friends are there and your family are there. But I do think being from Indiana is a good thing for us. Maybe hometown is not the right word. But it’s still a huge factor.

Yeah I get that. Maybe he considers it his hometown, who knows. I think his dad's ties to Indiana will help for sure though. 

I hope you’re right. Feeling like it’s Vandy, but then again I’ve never felt confident with this one.

There is a reason Vandy hasn't got a recruit like him ever. His mom being there complicates things obviously. But he is going to a University to play basketball and the feeling they got walking across the court is why I feel Indiana has won this. They believe in the coaches. There are pluses and minuses to all. But in the end his father knew. Mom realized on the OV IMO.