Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

7 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Ehh it’s a Kansas guy making his first Romeo prediction. He probably just saw Doyle’s tweet and Meyers pick and got excited like a 12 yr finding his dads playboy magazine.

My favorite Crystal Ball right now is the one for Matthew Hurt. The Minnesota writer picked Minnesota. Jerry picked Louisville, another Cardinals pick he'll have to change, as Hurt has already cancelled a scheduled visit. This same Kansas writer again picked Kansas. And the most recent pick is from a Duke writer picking Duke. None of these guys know shirt.

My favorite Crystal Ball right now is the one for Matthew Hurt. The Minnesota writer picked Minnesota. Jerry picked Louisville, another Cardinals pick he'll have to change, as Hurt has already cancelled a scheduled visit. This same Kansas writer again picked Kansas. And the most recent pick is from a Duke writer picking Duke. None of these guys know shirt.

I'm beginning to think there might be some corruption behind the crystal ball picks too. Once the FBI is done with their investigation of the NCAA, AAU, and all maybe they could take a look at it.

On a more serious note, I think Jerry didn't pick IU in a lot of cases because he didn't believe Crean was dirty. (And because he simply doesn't like IU)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm beginning to think there might be some corruption behind the crystal ball picks too. Once the FBI is done with their investigation of the NCAA, AAU, and all maybe they could take a look at it.

On a more serious note, I think Jerry didn't pick IU in a lot of cases because he didn't believe Crean was dirty. (And because he simply doesn't like IU)

Good point about Meyer making picks based on who's dirty and who isn't. I hadn't really taken that into consideration.

Good point about Meyer making picks based on who's dirty and who isn't. I hadn't really taken that into consideration.

I've always thought this factored into his decision. Like Wilkes for example. He didn't really know where he was going but he knew it wouldn't be IU. Could it have been coaching philosophy and such. Sure. Could it have been, these guys know who is on the take. So IU doesn't get CB picks on these guys?

In light of what's happened with Louisville and Romeo dropping them, I've started noticing a low-key vibe from non-IU fans on other boards. They really, really don't want Romeo coming here.

Not so much on the Louisville boards. They are definitely not wanting Crean. Already trying to put the blame on us for all their problems. Saying we ratted them out with the Katrina Powell book, and now Kenny Johnson buying players lol! Not fond of IU.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

13 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

Care to explain why? Just curious.

Personally I felt like we were getting Romeo before all this stuff came out and now it’s all but certain. I’ve been wrong before though.

13 hours ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I’m in the same boat. Even though his parents want him close to home doesn’t mean Romeo does. But I’m always negative so it hurts less when I’m let down lol

Maybe it's partially because Louisville was considered to land him despite this prostitution scandal going on. I just feel that the type of kid Archie/IU is trying to land wouldn't even consider going to a program run by a sleezeball.

Also, like Dalton, I like setting low expectations so it hurts less when inevitably it comes down to us and another school and the other school ends up landing the commitment lol

I don't know the more I think about it, the more I think I'll be relieved if we don't land him, with all his connections to addidas and Louisville it just seems sketchy. He's too deep in the mud to not be dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Maybe it's partially because Louisville was considered to land him despite this prostitution scandal going on. I just feel that the type of kid Archie/IU is trying to land wouldn't even consider going to a program run by a sleezeball.

Also, like Dalton, I like setting low expectations so it hurts less when inevitably it comes down to us and another school and the other school ends up landing the commitment lol

Media in Louisville have thought for weeks now (before this new scandal) that Louisville was losing their grip on Romeo anyways. No big disappointment in losing him is the way that they are spinning it here.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

8 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I just wish IU was a no brainer for top Instate Recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

In terms of this specific recruitment, that likely means proving yourself as a reliable pipeline to the NBA lottery. Kansas has a proven record in this regard, something our new administration will need to establish.

2 minutes ago, nixie said:

I have heard staying close to home will be a major driver for his decision which, to me, makes the Kansas interest a little "interesting".

Yeah I was thinking more in general with top recruits.

The Kansas interest is... strange to me given everything we've heard about him wanting to be close to home. Either that wasn't as big of a deal as we thought, or, well... Ya know