Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SG Romeo Langford - INDIANA HOOSIERS

Unless you've been checking the board every day you wouldn't ever know he said that. So a less active user logs in and sees Hoosier Guy answer definitively that we get Romeo and Darius and, predictably, gets confused. You guys can change the titles under people's names, right? Might need to change Hoosier Guy to Team Cheerleader or Eternal Optimist or something.

....Then ask him. It's a message board. He shouldn't have to give a disclaimer with every single post just because others aren't familiar with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Unless you've been checking the board every day you wouldn't ever know he said that. So a less active user logs in and sees Hoosier Guy answer definitively that we get Romeo and Darius and, predictably, gets confused. You guys can change the titles under people's names, right? Might need to change Hoosier Guy to Team Cheerleader or Eternal Optimist or something.

Lol you're not serious... boo hoo man. Hoosier Guy is what makes a message board halfway enjoyable instead of every one trying to critique coaches. Get over it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Lol you're not serious... boo hoo man. Hoosier Guy is what makes a message board halfway enjoyable instead of every one trying to critique coaches. Get over it.

The people who bring actual information and fun discussion make it enjoyable to me. 

The people who bring actual information and fun discussion make it enjoyable to me. 

Then don’t take everything on a free public fan forum as gospel. Everyone on here spews their opinions, some positive, some negative, and people discuss. Obviously none of us are directly tied to any of these recruits and these recruits are not going to call us up and say hey Hoosier Guy I’m going to IU if you want to tell the BTB guys. Sometimes people have legit info on here and they make it known in their post that what they are posting may be legit or may be gossip. But I wouldn’t recommend taking anything on any kind public forum for 100% fact. Hoosier Guy is very optimistic and gives his personal reasons why, nothing wrong with that.

49 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Here's a start:

============

Note, I did not compile this, and have spent zero minutes verifying any of it.  It's an oft-referenced list compiled by someone else.  I got it from this link.  http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/kansas-basketball-scandals-very-long-takes-time-read

Note, this was compiled in 2014.  The program has continued to have scandals.  I understand you separate the program from the individual players some, but at some point quantity has a quality all its own.  

And now the rest of my work day is going to be wasted reading about Kansas basketball scandals... :) Thanks for passing it along

I wasn't expecting to come on here this morning and see all this hate. I thought we all knew that Hoosier Guy is optimistic and when he says these things that it's his opinion. I'd much rather someone post like he does than bring doom and gloom every day. He's not hurting anything. 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I wasn't expecting to come on here this morning and see all this hate. I thought we all knew that Hoosier Guy is optimistic and when he says these things that it's his opinion. I'd much rather someone post like he does than bring doom and gloom every day. He's not hurting anything. 

It's not hate but as somebody pointed out new posters don't know he's just being optimistic. 

It's not hate but as somebody pointed out new posters don't know he's just being optimistic. 

That was my point. Not hating on the guy. Just that if you were someone newer, reading the posts for the first time, it certainly could come across as much more than an opinion as most posts did not point out it was just that.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Good for you, bud.

No need to get snotty about it. As I said, other people seem to enjoy it so I have kept quiet before now. As more people come back to the boards with the season ramping up, more people are getting confused by the misleading shtick. 

Any further bratty comments can be kept to yourself.

Nothing against positive thinking but speaking as if you know something when you don't is a little misleading.  That's how rumors get started and things are misinterpreted by others.  How many times have we read that someone on another board says this or that and if it's good news we run with it and if it's not we defend it? I'm not bashing just don't like the absolute talk unless a source is feeding them. However,  with the good vibes around Hoosier Hysteria, I don't see how we could miss out on both.

If that were ever the case, that’s a player that doesn’t need to be playing big time college basketball in the first place

So if a kid gets annoyed with an adult telling everyone what that kid is definitively going to do over and over when the kid himself hasn't made up his mind it is the kid that is not ready for big time basketball?

I don't understand that rationale