Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

New Coach Salary And Criteria...$5 million?

I am taking a vacation guys. I don't like how the verbal assault was handled or defended. I know what it feels like to be attacked regularly by people annoyed by me on BTB.

Lately this has been MODs. A group of 3 or 4 have been on me. I always seem to be defending my views, against a certain few that I obviously bother.

The separation of mods and the lay person has never been stronger than it is now. Hopefully my omission will be one less person the mods need to worry about.

Wayne I'm going to be completely honest with you because you're actually one of my favorites. Whether you and others believe it or not the mods have had people join take a look around the place and notify us of why they wouldn't be sticking around. They all also point out the same few posters everytime as the reason why. What would you have us do? If there is about 4 or 5 posters that get pointed out time and time again from people leaving because of how they act should we just tell everyone bye so those few can have their say?

I'm sure you know as well as most do that I can't stand Crean. Personally I never wanted him in the first place and I wouldn't let him coach a HS team but with that said when people just post the same thing over and over again day after day it gets really old.

Also I understand your issue where you feel mods may be on edge. The thing a lot of posters don't realize is just because we are mods we can still have an opinion. If we give our opinions and act like posters we get called out with pot shots like "and you're a mod" but if we just act like mods then we get told we are uptight. It's a fine line to walk and none of us are perfect. Also I think a lot of people don't understand the tedious BS we have to deal with from posters complaining that their feelings got hurt. I had a poster PM me taking offense to what I said and threatened to go to "my bosses" so when I included "my bosses" on the PM I got told I was running to "my daddies".

I'm not trying to defend myself or any other mod because we **** up just as much as any of you but sometimes you all have to realize is those we have to warn are usually the ones we agree with most but sometimes they just cross that line even if it's just a little. I don't know if you saying you're going to take a vacation was serious or if you just wanted attention. Regardless as I said you're one of my favorite posters and I hope you stick around but if not that's your decision. Have a good one buddy.

I would echo the sentiment that some mods feel that they have a free pass to insult posters

As I said to Wayne, mods screw up too but you also have to realize just because it says mod on our profile we are still people/fans just like you. Also a lot of posters like to stir the pot then try throwing the "and you're a mod" trump card when they don't like the response.

I never like it when a Mod or a regular poster gets personal. No need for it. That said I think for the most part the Mods here do a great job. Believe me I've seen a lot worse.

Like when johnsoniu was a mod at HSN and 247? Those were dark times.

This is an interesting conversation. These are dark times for this program, where the vast majority are upset or disappointed. There hasn't been anything for us all to get excited about very often. The biggest events surrounding our team have been violations, dismissals and losses to bad teams. If not discussing those bad things, why come here at all? If we don't discuss those things then we have completely given up ourselves. The problem is that some see this as repeating ourselves over and over but these events keep repeating themselves. Can we only get upset about one dismissal a season? Or one violation or one loss? I've never attacked anyone on here but could probably be labeled as someone that repeats himself.

I don't want to drive others away. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't. If all the folks that come here and repeat themselves left this would be a lonely forum. If we are here, some will be turned off by it. Only solution I see is CTC or the school making moves to improve the program

This is an interesting conversation. These are dark times for this program, where the vast majority are upset or disappointed. There hasn't been anything for us all to get excited about very often. The biggest events surrounding our team have been violations, dismissals and losses to bad teams. If not discussing those bad things, why come here at all? If we don't discuss those things then we have completely given up ourselves. The problem is that some see this as repeating ourselves over and over but these events keep repeating themselves. Can we only get upset about one dismissal a season? Or one violation or one loss? I've never attacked anyone on here but could probably be labeled as someone that repeats himself.

I don't want to drive others away. Your damned if you do, damned if you don't. If all the folks that come here and repeat themselves left this would be a lonely forum. If we are here, some will be turned off by it. Only solution I see is CTC or the school making moves to improve the program

I would go with dim, not dark. Dim like an early morning before the sun has come up but you know it is near.

Dim because the dark days included the Sampson stain and that also carried a stench and brought us down to levels we in Indiana do not accept.

Dim, because not only did the dark days carry the stench but they also put us in a deep hole. A hole that would take time. Dim also because we did find a willing leader to bring us from darkness to these early morning hours where we wait for the new day.

Dim now because we have seen and now others have seen that while the current leader accomplished his task he is not the guy to lead us into the new day. No, it might still be dim but the new day is near.

Soon the golden rays of that new day will begin to peak over the eastern horizon. Hope will abound and results will follow.

No my fiend, these are not dark days but dim. Hold fast because the new day is coming.

I completely agree 8Bucks. IMO, Brad Stevens is too much of a Hoosier for the administration to mess this up. He grew up here. He bled Cream and Crimson. Maybe this me being a homer but I feel there must be a part of him that is homesick and want to create his legend with the General. Hell if Knight leaves in the mid 90s we may very well have had Coach K. Brad Stevens could move back home around family and build the program back to levels he remembers it by to make it the dream job it once was to him. If nothing else it should be something to think about.

You don't refuse to talk till there's a job opening if you aren't interested. You say not interested. Stevens wants to hear the pitch. Not saying he'd say yes but he's willing to listen.

I agree. As IU we are a business school. You close that deal.

You don't refuse to talk till there's a job opening if you aren't interested. You say not interested. Stevens wants to hear the pitch. Not saying he'd say yes but he's willing to listen.

Exactly. He wouldn't even waste his time if he didn't want to atleast give the pitch a listen.