Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Fulkme15

Will 1 more win do it?

Why is everyone so confident we will beat NW, we lost to them a few weeks ago and have lost to them 8 out of the last 12 times we've faced them? Not to mention we play like crap generally in the BigTen Tourney.

I'm not. I don't know that this team will win another game.

Why is everyone so confident we will beat NW, we lost to them a few weeks ago and have lost to them 8 out of the last 12 times we've faced them? Not to mention we play like crap generally in the BigTen Tourney.

law of averages we have lost 8 of 12 and (8 of 12 to northwestern) we should be due for a win.

law of averages we have lost 8 of 12 and (8 of 12 to northwestern) we should be due for a win.

Which IU team shows up?  The team that hustles down double digits in the last few minutes or the team that sleepwalks for most of the game.  If the team fights I think they can beat NW and MD to get to the semifinals.  The other one gets beat by NW again.  A loss to NW/Nebrasketball will definitely keep us from the tourney but this team CAN do enough to get us in.

I will say I think a win on Thursday could really change the morale of this team. Killing their demons of Northwestern, could give them some confidence in a matchup against a Maryland team that they played really well against earlier this year. Hmm. Maybe we can get a snowball rolling...

Or the handbasket just goes down on Thursday

Haven't seen too much confidence but think this team definitely is capable. Excited to see how they play Thursday if for nothing else than it's the last Hoosier basketball of significance we may see for 8 months.

Sorry for the tenor of this comment: isn't it exasperating to still be talking about whether we're in or out?; how many wins it will take to secure a spot?; if we deserve to be "in" at all? I'm not trying to live in the past---this team, while undersized, had good potential this year. I don't believe they lost 8/12 because of fatigue or hitting the wall. They appeared ill coached and unable to execute in critical situations. In my opinion, this falls on CTC. If getting "in" means another year of the same general performance, I would rather miss out and go in a different direction. Everyone on this post is passionate about IU basketball and seems worn out by inconsistency. The players and the fan base deserve better.

Sorry for the tenor of this comment: isn't it exasperating to still be talking about whether we're in or out?; how many wins it will take to secure a spot?; if we deserve to be "in" at all? I'm not trying to live in the past---this team, while undersized, had good potential this year. I don't believe they lost 8/12 because of fatigue or hitting the wall. They appeared ill coached and unable to execute in critical situations. In my opinion, this falls on CTC. If getting "in" means another year of the same general performance, I would rather miss out and go in a different direction. Everyone on this post is passionate about IU basketball and seems worn out by inconsistency. The players and the fan base deserve better.

so as an Iu fan u would rather miss the tournament because u are worn out by the inconsistency. I'm sure the players will think to themselves since the fans r worn out lets lay an egg and miss out on a chance to play in the tourney (playing in the tourney is probably a goal of many college basketball players especially since they missed out last year) I'm just a die hard fan but getting "in" isn't about what we want it's about the kids that represent the program we would bleed for

I really hope we lose in all honesty

if u had a kid on the team would u want to lose? As a parent and Iu fan that would be a tough stance to take. Im sure you r an Iu fan and must be a hard decision to hope your teams loses. I'm glad I don't have to be in your shoes and root against a team I have loved for 37 years. Good luck with that