Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Fulkme15

Will 1 more win do it?

Took the words out of my mouth....heck I wouldn't be mad if we decided to skip the NIT like last year

I think the NIT decided to skip us last year unless I am forgetting something

I agree with 2 wins, we're in no question. With 1, I think its a coin toss, but it helps UK is still undefeated and the committee would love to match the last undefeated team with this year's UK team. If that happens, I think we loose by 30 vs UK.

That'd be unfair. I think our undefeated team is a little too old to keep up.

Really, this is where I'm at. If we back into a tourney bid and then crap out first round whats the point. Hard to argue a team thats lost 8 of 12 deserves it.

in this tourney if we do end up getting in I would rather be a 11 or 12 seed instead of 7-10 seed the top 8 teams r way better then the rest of the field. Avoid those teams as long as possible

I thought the NIT could only take a certain number of teams from any given conference.  Minny and Ill got in from the B1G last season with better records, leaving us to turn the CBI down.

I'm not sure of that. I know that the NIT is required to take any regular season conference champ that misses the NCAA's. There were 13 of them last year; which really limited the major conferences.

in this tourney if we do end up getting in I would rather be a 11 or 12 seed instead of 7-10 seed the top 8 teams r way better then the rest of the field. Avoid those teams as long as possible

We wouldn't beat a 5 or 6 seed. What good does avoiding the 1 or 2 seed when they aren't playing well enough to beat a 5 or 6

[quote name="KingPG21" post="148318" timestamp="1425847028"]

We wouldn't beat a 5 or 6 seed. What good does avoiding the 1 or 2 seed when they aren't playing well enough to beat a 5 or 6[/quote

what good does it do for them to watch the tournament on tv and not in? If we were to make it I would rather take a shot at beating a 5 or 6 and then a shot at a 3 or 4 instead of possibly playing a 1 or 2 in 2nd round. Them not playing good enough to beat of 5 or 6 wasn't my point or thought I just stated the route I would want them to get

I don't think we deserve to be in regardless if we win.....

With the product we've seen over the last 1/3 of the season I am mystified by this obsession to be in the NCAA tournament.  This team is not capable of making any noise in the tournament other than pfffft.   If it gets in, MAYBE it wins one game because the sun and the moon are properly aligned but that's it.  1 game at best.    And if by some miracle we do get in, I hope we are a very low seed to match my, and I suspect many others, expectations. 

With the product we've seen over the last 1/3 of the season I am mystified by this obsession to be in the NCAA tournament. This team is not capable of making any noise in the tournament other than pfffft. If it gets in, MAYBE it wins one game because the sun and the moon are properly aligned but that's it. 1 game at best. And if by some miracle we do get in, I hope we are a very low seed to match my, and I suspect many others, expectations.

i guess I'm mystified that their are Iu fans that would not want their team to make the tourney just because they r playing like crap. Making it might no mean anything to u as a fan because u think they r not going to win and it would be a waste of your time but the players that have worked their whole basketball career to make it probably wouldn't mind a shot at playing as a lower seed. Tournament appearances mean something to basketball programs ( that's why they keep track of # of appearances a program has) We have 37 appearances which is 7th all time. Why wouldn't u want a 38th?

Jeez you all are ridiculous with this "hope we don't get in" crap. How can you call yourself a fan while hoping your team doesn't get in the only thing that really matters in college basketball? I get saying things like we don't deserve to get in, but if we do make it why the hell does it matter? Are you really not going to root for them to win? Support this team to the end and then maybe you all can make outrageous comments.

Why is everyone so confident we will beat NW, we lost to them a few weeks ago and have lost to them 8 out of the last 12 times we've faced them? Not to mention we play like crap generally in the BigTen Tourney.

My point exactly....I get people want us in the tourney but we can't even beat Iowa or northwestern