Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Post Game IU vs. Northwestern

He did not say that. He said when walk throughs are tougher than practices. Many analysts have described our walk throughs as very intense. Dakich related a story today on how Sampson used to tell him that Creans teams usually wore down at the end of the year. Stephen Bardo was asked a couple years back after he commented on our intense late season practice pace if he thought it contributed to our being tired and he said he thought it did as well.

Actually a lot of coaches have lighter practices to save their players for the games this time of year. But when walk through are tougher than most other practices that tells me he is wearing them down. Hell they do walk throughs the day of games.

I interpreted the last sentence as if it was a new concept to do walk throughs on game day.  I agree the players look tired and/or mentally fatigued.  I don't know what goes on in practices or the intensity level.  I do think with the number of TV timeouts, timeouts, and stoppage of play they shouldn't be that tired.  Is it a problem with immaturity?  Could players not be getting enough sleep or taking care of their body the right way?

The 2011-2012 squad looked good down the stretch and were playing some of their best basketball.  The 2012-2013 team looked like the put so much into winning the B1G regular season championship and all the pressure of bringing Indiana back that they just wore down.  I'm not in the locker room, on the practice floor, or following the kids around 24/7 to know.  There is a trend of Crean teams not playing well at the end of the year for whatever reason.

The biggest thing that stood out to me last night was that it appeared that Yogi gave up.  Usually he is the one that always looks into the game and trying the hardest, but on the floor just looked like the last place he wanted to be last night.  Has Crean lost Yogi, maybe not, maybe he was just worn out, and I can't blame him with how hard he has had to play lately.  I love watching Yogi so seeing this is disturbing to me and screams of internal break down of the system.  I could very well be wrong, but I have seen this break down of the team happen all seven years Crean has coached at IU.  Hows the saying go?  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me 7 times ..........want a contract extension?

I agree that Coach Crean needs to be replaced at the end of his contract,  I also think AD Glass should be replaced. I think Hartman was really missed in this game.  He would have made a deference.  Also this team is down two big men ,NBA and a transfer.  We would be in the race for the title.  Go I.U.

Actually a lot of coaches have lighter practices to save their players for the games this time of year. But when walk through are tougher than most other practices that tells me he is wearing them down. Hell they do walk throughs the day of games.

So does Pitino Jr.  And I guess they are tough running the same drill again, again, today according to Gus Johnson who watched there walk throughs.  Can't argue with the results today-Beat Mich State at Sparty's own house!

Luckily, I was out of town on business. I was getting texts from my wife describing the game. I am worried this team has hit a wall. We finished 3-7 in our final 10 games last year. If we have a similar collapse this year, we will have to look seriously why that happened. 

If we don't win the next two games, we may not make the tournament. We probably don't deserve it based on our recent performances. They won't play NCAA games in Assembly Hall. If they did, we would stand a chance.

Luckily, I was out of town on business. I was getting texts from my wife describing the game. I am worried this team has hit a wall. We finished 3-7 in our final 10 games last year. If we have a similar collapse this year, we will have to look seriously why that happened.

If we don't win the next two games, we may not make the tournament. We probably don't deserve it based on our recent performances. They won't play NCAA games in Assembly Hall. If they did, we would stand a chance.

there have been several losses this year where I felt ok that is it this team will give up. To there credit that hasn't happened yet but it just feels like it is going too happen. I hope they come back and get the next two but time will tell.

Marshall.

SSQ... Had an interesting conversation tonight with a friend of mine who is an assistant at the D2 level. I brought up Marshall and his words were "stay the heck away from him." He didn't have anything personal against the guy, but he said he has some slime balls who work for him. The last thing this program needs is Scumson Jr. Take it with a grain of salt...

Whaaa?? I'm just embarrassed to be indiana anymore. I want to believe we still have clout, but I'm not so sure anymore and it's depressing. "It's Indiana" is just a romantic ideal it seems like right now. Nobody really cares about UCLA or UNLV anymore either. This is just a thing for us hoosier fans to hold onto as its the only thing we have left besides a recent big ten title. And really, who cares. That's not good enough for the masses.

Remember when we used to be excited for an IU game? It's getting to the point where watching this team is almost a chore.

I was thinking.... Did I shave my legs for this? Not really, I don't shave my legs. I did have 6 beers watching it though. Man the next day was brutal! If we would have won, I may have had a beer for breakfast!