Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Post Game IU vs. Northwestern

SSQ... Had an interesting conversation tonight with a friend of mine who is an assistant at the D2 level. I brought up Marshall and his words were "stay the heck away from him." He didn't have anything personal against the guy, but he said he has some slime balls who work for him. The last thing this program needs is Scumson Jr. Take it with a grain of salt...

Would assume it's nothing different than what Matta, Izzo, etc have. I don't know, though.

I was thinking.... Did I shave my legs for this? Not really, I don't shave my legs. I did have 6 beers watching it though. Man the next day was brutal! If we would have won, I may have had a beer for breakfast!

I had a six pack of the good stuff.

I drank 2 and decided to save the last 4 for something more enjoyable like a root canal.

there have been several losses this year where I felt ok that is it this team will give up. To there credit that hasn't happened yet but it just feels like it is going too happen. I hope they come back and get the next two but time will tell.

Many teams can count on their defense to carry them in games that they aren't shooting well. I don't know what the statistics will show, but this is one of the worst defensive teams I can remember. This includes Crean's first few years.

This team allows players to drive past them and often past two levels of defenders. We have kids that should be able to keep up with any player in the conference. Most players take pride in their defense. I don't see it with this team. What good does it do to shoot over 50% if you allow the other team to drive to the basket for easy layups?

I like the kids on this team. I am beginning to see frustration from Yogi.  Troy showed frustration on the free throw line when he was going to be pulled out. I am curious where this team is mentally.

I keep seeing more evidence that we would be a much better team under a coach that made an emphasis on defense as well as offense. We need to win the next two games. If we lose them and fail to make the NCAA tournament, Crean deserves to receive a hard look at the reason why. I am changing my thoughts on our prospects for next year.  I  don't see us being any better next year. I think we would be better with a different coaching staff.

So does Pitino Jr. And I guess they are tough running the same drill again, again, today according to Gus Johnson who watched there walk throughs. Can't argue with the results today-Beat Mich State at Sparty's own house!

And what has Pitino Jr ever done to make anyone think he is a top coach? Anybody can beat anyone on any given day. The point is when certain coaches teams seem to hit a wall year after year after year, something needs to change.

I have basically avoided this site due to all the vitriol on here, even though the team and coaches deserve it. I have been an above average supporter of coach C but I can't do it anymore. That loss to an awful NW team was embarrasing! We have had quite a few of those this year. I still hope we can turn it around, but I doubt it. Crossing my fingers that I'm wrong

I would have 0 problems with us poaching him in the future. I know there are sexier names out there, but I have a feeling in the right situation he could be special. Would we have to live in fear of him "going home" to Duke?

Probably. Imo it comes down to how the next 2-3 years shake out with him and Wojo. Dawkins has pretty much taken himself out of the running with his performance at Stanford. If Collins or Wojo shine, I think Duke stays in house. Hurley's not doing bad at Buffalo either.

Hey Blue Devil, what's the thinking on Coach Ks timeline? I was thinking 5 more years tops.

IU is an elite program... But let's hire Chris Collins!! Sheeeeesh...

Yeah bc that's what people want. Smh.
People want Cream gone for a coach that has the potential to take us back to elite status. Stevens, Marshall, Bennett, etc

Dont know if this was mentioned but NW is the second worst defensive team in the B1G at #136 nationally. Darn near 100 spots higher than IU.

Has this been answered? From a coaches perspective. How can this talented of a team be this bad at D?... I've heard it has to do with us trying to get into position with defensive rebounding.... But really, can some one explain it to me like I'm 5?

Stevens, or I'll revoke my IU fandom. We hire Gregg Marshall I'm a fair-weather fan. Anyone else. No.

You sound like a fairweather fan already imo.

PS, thread topic is NW postgame, not "Who would IU have to hire to prevent fairweather fans from revoking their fandom." Just fyi.

You sound like a fairweather fan already imo.

PS, thread topic is NW postgame, not "Who would IU have to hire to prevent fairweather fans from revoking their fandom." Just fyi.

Ya I know, I apologize for blasting TC. Lol I just vented my frustration!

As far as a fair-weather fan. I am not. I want IU to WIN.. I'm would feel betrayed and hurt emotionally/ mentally if we fire Crean and replace him with "another coach"... That's all.

Back to NW postgame!