Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Alford Bailey

Recruiting Momentum

If we land a stong center, we will be alright....it isn't the end of the world. Let's just wait and see what happens at the end of the season.

Most would agree but that is a big IF. We are still on Bryant's list but from what I see recruiting a bunch of wings and guards again. I here rumors of Juco's but who?

yogi called his team "soft" and everyone I watch games with complains about how soft we are. Very little fire. You could throw Hartman in with Yogi I suppose but 2 men don't get it done.

Since we start 2 burger boys and another two top 50 players which is more talent than just about anyone we play, why do you suppose then that we get blown out in the second half? Blown out by UofL, blown out by MSU, blown out by OSU, blown out by PU... When you have the talent that we have, fluke losses happen from time to time but to repeatedly get blown out in the 2nd half of games is a lack of toughness and heart. I think you are incredibly off base

exactly. Too much talent to get blown out that often. Our D is soft for sure. Our fortitude isn't what it should be either.

yogi called his team "soft" and everyone I watch games with complains about how soft we are. Very little fire. You could throw Hartman in with Yogi I suppose but 2 men don't get it done.

Since we start 2 burger boys and another two top 50 players which is more talent than just about anyone we play, why do you suppose then that we get blown out in the second half? Blown out by UofL, blown out by MSU, blown out by OSU, blown out by PU... When you have the talent that we have, fluke losses happen from time to time but to repeatedly get blown out in the 2nd half of games is a lack of toughness and heart. I think you are incredibly off base

So with you man - and I know, stars-smars people say.. but it can't always be off like this. We need to be doing more with a roster full of 4 stars and burger guys. I'm speaking to the defensive end here more than anything. 

Now - I don't think its necessarily wise to be mad about losing to Syracuse in the sweet 16 other than from a coaching standpoint that our guys were just smoked, no energy left to give. To lose in the tournament to another respectable team is just the way the tourney goes. Duke and the likes get their tails sent home many years and those Duke teams would wipe the floor with us I'm afraid. All bets are off in the tourney. Now, the bets aren't always going to be against us in the tourney but you have to be in it an get enough sample size, one might say. 

We have such a HUGE advantage in this state and we need to grab it and take control. Its like I have an oil well on my farm and 90% is going to 4-5 of my neighbors. If Crean or whoever the coach may be can figure out how to make Btown the cool hip destination for our top in state talent he wins. We starve the competition, IU has a self sustaining feeder system of top talent, we return to the national picture and challenge and win championships and the coach can name his price and nobody will care. This is where we need Cuban's help in marketing.

Izzo, Matta, and Beilin drink our milkshake!

I can't believe anyone would challenge this team's heart. Last year, that's a different story. But this team has had some guys man up... you can't fault their heart because they were outmatched against Louisville. MSU and Purdue were pathetic efforts for the most part, but what about the other 15 games or whatever it is?

Now that said, my personal preference would be for Indiana to recruit players with a bit different background than many of our privileged private school dwellers...

It's amazing how closely one can follow this stuff and still have zero clue. haha

I can't believe anyone would challenge this team's heart. Last year, that's a different story. But this team has had some guys man up... you can't fault their heart because they were outmatched against Louisville. MSU and Purdue were pathetic efforts for the most part, but what about the other 15 games or whatever it is?

Now that said, my personal preference would be for Indiana to recruit players with a bit different background than many of our privileged private school dwellers...

It's amazing how closely one can follow this stuff and still have zero clue. haha

So much heart that we lost to eastern wash.

I'm with you on the heart thing. Haven't been nearly as inspired as of late, but for most of the season they have played so hard and showed so much heart, which is a complete 180 from last year's team.

Guys, we cant keep saying give it a couple years it will turn around. We are gonna look up 10-15  years from now and nobody is gonna care. We already have a generation of basketball fans in the state that have seen basically nothing from IU. That is why there are so many UK,Duke, UofL and OSU fans in this state. Us old guys start dying off and Assembly Hall will be half empty. When recruiting tanks your program tanks. What we are discussing now has a long term effect on our program. It HAS to be turned around NOW!

I don't know, AB...

There is a new generation of kids that have grown up with Hulls, Watford, Zeller, Oladipo, Sheehey, Yogi, etc. Crean has had his misses that got us to where we are currently, but he also hit on a lot of guys that really left a legacy... maybe Crean will get fired and his era of players won't be remembered, but all of those guys are staunch in their support.

I definitely agree that this program is at a crossroads. I just don't think that it is in danger of slipping. We've already been through 20 years of this and the Hall is still full.

I was at that game too and heard a lot of booing by Indiana fans and negative comments towards Crean. While I was embarrassed, I had no rebuttal... IU got outplayed and outcoached incredibly from halftime on

A louisville fan mouthing off to me at a game matters little, but an Indiana fan mouthing off to me at a game, isn't going to have a fun time.

^For those that go to the games, I think all can agree that the hillbillies that scream profanity laced tirades at Crean (as if he is going to hear them) ruin the experience.

I liked your post, but I'd say the tirades aren't confined to the hillbilliies. There's a certain amount of 'entitled' Hoosiers out there...

[quote name="HoosierHoops1" post="132369" timestamp="1422982833"]I liked your post, but I'd say the tirades aren't confined to the hillbilliies. There's a certain amount of 'entitled' Hoosiers out there...[/quote

Gary Parrish said that he heard multiple fans at the IU-UofL game scream Brad Stevens during quiet times.

[quote name="HoosierHoops1" post="132369" timestamp="1422982833"]I liked your post, but I'd say the tirades aren't confined to the hillbilliies. There's a certain amount of 'entitled' Hoosiers out there...[/quote

Gary Parrish said that he heard multiple fans at the IU-UofL game scream Brad Stevens during quiet times.

People, perhaps. But not fans...