Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

When you reach a certain….vintage….it’s incredibly fun, in depressing sort of way, to go through things like this and admit the number of guys you don’t actually remember anymore. For me, the correct answer is 4. 2 other things: 1) Henry Williams went to Ben Davis and he was a terrific player who should have never gotten out of Indiana. 2) It’s pretty cold blooded that they mis-spelled Keith Gailes’ name. Nice editing. 

54 minutes ago, Demo said:

When you reach a certain….vintage….it’s incredibly fun, in depressing sort of way, to go through things like this and admit the number of guys you don’t actually remember anymore. For me, the correct answer is 4. 2 other things: 1) Henry Williams went to Ben Davis and he was a terrific player who should have never gotten out of Indiana. 2) It’s pretty cold blooded that they mis-spelled Keith Gailes’ name. Nice editing. 

I use to keep all of my Street & Smith Magazines and look back at the high school AA players. It was interesting to see who made it and who didn't 

2 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I use to keep all of my Street & Smith Magazines and look back at the high school AA players. It was interesting to see who made it and who didn't 

Street & Smith was the best. Lost a little something in the late ‘90’s.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

And a certain someone’s father. Plus, UNC picked us clean for a couple years with Montross and Fox. Calbert and Anderson were awesome though. 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Trying not to homer here, but there will not be 30 better PG’s in the country than Johnson this year if he’s healthy. Not even close. 

Agreed. If he’s healthy and mentally engaged, I’d take him over quite a few of those guys.  

So much of our season depends on XJ, imo. 

On 9/26/2023 at 12:33 PM, Stuhoo said:
NEW: The case concerning #kubball's Arterio Morris is closed. The original charge of a Class A misdemeanor for an alleged assault that caused bodily injury to a family member was pled down to a Class C misdemeanor for assault. Jury trial has been canceled. Morris pays a fine.

On 9/26/2023 at 1:47 PM, Hardwood83 said:

Only a Class C misdemeanor? Pfft, sounds like team Captain material for KU. 

Apparently the misdemeanor plea was for the earlier assault.

For Arterio Morris it just got real:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kansas-g-arterio-morris-arrested-on-rape-charge-dismissed-from-jayhawks-program/

Some players take a red-shirt; this criminal will get an orange shirt. Shame on Self and KU for taking him on knowing his Univ of Texas situation.

27 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Apparently the misdemeanor plea was for the earlier assault.

For Arterio Morris it just got real:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/kansas-g-arterio-morris-arrested-on-rape-charge-dismissed-from-jayhawks-program/

Some players take a red-shirt; this criminal will get an orange shirt. Shame on Self and KU for taking him on knowing his Univ of Texas situation.

Trashy unscrupulous coach with no morals?  Face of college basketball….  I really, really dislike him.  Lots of other college coaches just like him, just not as good as he is.  Glad we have Woodson and his character.  Also REALLY LOVE he can now go toe to toe with these cheating SOBs.  Thanks Nil!

Wow, when you actually see it compiled like this, the downgrade in coaching talent in the ACC is blinding. No coincidence that it’s gone from the best conference in the country 5 years ago to probably 4th now. 

4 minutes ago, Demo said:

Wow, when you actually see it compiled like this, the downgrade in coaching talent in the ACC is blinding. No coincidence that it’s gone from the best conference in the country 5 years ago to probably 4th now. 

3 (?) verifiably good coaches, the Mariana Trench, 2 guys at basketball factories, Michael Strahan’s front teeth gap, everyone else?

15 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

3 (?) verifiably good coaches, the Mariana Trench, 2 guys at basketball factories, Michael Strahan’s front teeth gap, everyone else?

Well, that’s certainly……vivid. But when you’re right, you’re right. And 1-3 are Guys, no doubt. UNC stone missed on their hire and the real question is how much good will 1 great month gets you. Scheyer’s deal is fascinating. Amaker may never be great, but he’s proven he’s really good and would have done well there. Scheyer might be great, but he hasn’t even proven he’s good. He got out-coached by Barnes so badly that if it was a fight they would have stopped it. If he doesn’t make it happen in the next couple of years, how long before they stop getting the kids they just get reflexively now? 

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

I’m really trying to think of an evaluation process that would create this order. 1-4, ok, but the rest looks like darts at a board. 

How is a guy who's never coached in a Power 5 conference ranked No. 8? 

16 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

How is a guy who's never coached in a Power 5 conference ranked No. 8? 

1-4 is at least defensible. After that it looks like pulling names out of a hat. And I know people don’t like Underwood, but if they think he can’t coach I’ve got nothing for them.