Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

6 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Wow….the talent level of both teams is fun to watch.

Agree, even though I hate them both, no questioning the talent. Also a little sobering how far IU has to go. How many current Hoosiers would be in the rotations of any Final Four team? 2 max. 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Agree, even though I hate them both, no questioning the talent. Also a little sobering how far IU has to go. How many current Hoosiers would be in the rotations of any Final Four team? 2 max. 

North Carolina has turned it on down the stretch but they struggled a ton with that talent all year.    They lost to Pitt at home and lost by 20 + in I think 5 games.   Talent was always there but for whatever reason it wasn’t working.     Definitely working now.   They have been rolling 

15 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

The difference is sobering. 
It is interesting how there were many posts last year deriding one and done and 5 star/burger boy teams but here we are with Duke having a number of one and dones and UNC with 4 Burger Boys. We need a bit more talent.

2 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It is interesting how there many posts last year deriding one and done and 5 star/burger boy teams but here we are with Duke having a number of one and dones and UNC with 4 Burger Boys. We need a bit more talent.

There's not much difference in the offense other than the level of talent. It's not what we were trying to run as much the talent it takes to execute it.

5 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

It is interesting how there many posts last year deriding one and done and 5 star/burger boy teams but here we are with Duke having a number of one and dones and UNC with 4 Burger Boys. We need a bit more talent.

I remember in 1981 thinking how much more talent UNC and Kentucky had than we did, while going through the season. They just looked better.  I got a surprise come tournament time...

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

There's not much difference in the offense other than the level of talent. It's not what we were trying to run as much the talent it takes to execute it.

No argument there- UNC's "offense" is ball screen for Love and then see what he does. A couple guys spot up a couple crash the boards. 

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

Yep, that’s my point in regards to us needing to add talent. We need 3 level threat wings/guards. And from the perimeter both teams are draining pressure 3’s.

That being said….I also don’t see either team employing the two starters standing in a corner strategy.

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I remember in 1981 thinking how much more talent UNC and Kentucky had than we did, while going through the season. They just looked better.  I got a surprise come tournament time...

Our 5 starters in 1981.

Three of our five 1981 starters were Burger Boys including a hall of fame NBA player.

Another starter, Wittman, was a 10 year NBA player and Jim Thomas played a few (unremarkable) years in the NBA. Compare that to our recent rosters.