Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

On 4/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, Hovadipo said:

Oof. 

This, to me, represents everything that is wrong with college basketball. The days of playing for a school are over. Kids play for a coach, and whatever he promises them, and not because they like a school. It feels as mercenary as the NBA. I know that's the world we live in, but I don't have to like it.

1 minute ago, cthomas said:

This, to me, represents everything that is wrong with college basketball. The days of playing for a school are over. Kids play for a coach, and whatever he promises them, and not because they like a school. It feels as mercenary as the NBA. I know that's the world we live in, but I don't have to like it.

I think that’s fair. I’d guess a good amount of these guys are trying to get out in case the NCAA hammers the program for something they may have nothing to do with though too. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

I think that’s fair. I’d guess a good amount of these guys are trying to get out in case the NCAA hammers the program for something they may have nothing to do with though too. 

That's fair also. I wasn't really thinking about the consequences of what went on at LSU. I was more reacting to the lack of commitment to a school and the ease with which kids switch loyalty these days. I understand the need to look out for one's own well-being, but I think that needs to be balanced against honoring a commitment to a school.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Something they had nothing to do with?  Didn't they receive their strong assed offers there?

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I just can’t figure out how NBA GMs can possibly talk themselves into picking Paolo any later than #2. I can see liking Jabari’s potential, but even with that being said I’m taking Paolo first. 

Yeah, his floor is so high he has no real way to fail. But, that half-assed effort he just put up against RJ Davis needs to stop. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not all of them got paid. Just a bunch of them. 

Yep, a bunch of them got paid and it looks like LSU might get the hammer. While LSU will probably get punished the last three teams in the tourney are:

Kansas “recorded bag of cash discussions”

University of No Classes

Duke realty…Need a million dollar shack, we have you covered.

Jim Nance etc won’t say a peep about any of it. The inconsistency of NCAA enforcement is a travesty but….$$$$$$$ 

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

That's fair also. I wasn't really thinking about the consequences of what went on at LSU. I was more reacting to the lack of commitment to a school and the ease with which kids switch loyalty these days. I understand the need to look out for one's own well-being, but I think that needs to be balanced against honoring a commitment to a school.

The Galloways and Leals of the world, are few and far between 

3 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yep, a bunch of them got paid and it looks like LSU might get the hammer. While LSU will probably get punished the last three teams in the tourney are:

University of No Classes

Jim Nance etc won’t say a peep about any of it. The inconsistency of NCAA enforcement is a travesty but….$$$$$$$ 

Corruption is rampant everywhere 

You can tell this isn’t a Big Ten matchup as there hasn’t been a ton of guards/wings using “arm bars” and the big guys in the post haven’t repeatedly rammed into their defenders trying to create space. Kind of refreshing to see some flow rather than seeing 8 guys watch 2 big men bull into each other.

30 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

University of No Classes

Wait a minute...I thought Kansas said they are the victims here