Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) SG Eron Gordon to Seton Hall

Brian Snow going on the record and saying that all others don't know what they're talking about: In summary, Evan G was very close at ASU to now Nevada head coach Eric Musselman. Snow says it's down to two: Nevada and IU.

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1576104-eron-gordon-is-set-to-announce#/college/basketball/recruiting/story/1576104-eron-gordon-is-set-to-announce

"CREAN COULDNT EVEN LAND AN IN STATE KID WHO HAD TWO BROTHERS PLAY FOR US. WHATA. JOKE!!!! I mean look at THE ZELLERS, NOTRE DAME LANDED... Oh wait umm.... I MEAN LOOK AT THE PLUMLEES, A GOOD COACH SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAND ALL 3 BROTHERS AT THR SAME SCHOOL."

I expect the primary theme to be ---damning with faint praise---for Eron Gordon  + trash Crean.

IE; "It's not that Gordon would have been that good a player for us, it's that Crean couldn't reel him in!"

"CREAN COULDNT EVEN LAND AN IN STATE KID WHO HAD TWO BROTHERS PLAY FOR US. WHATA. JOKE!!!! I mean look at THE ZELLERS, NOTRE DAME LANDED... Oh wait umm.... I MEAN LOOK AT THE PLUMLEES, A GOOD COACH SHOULD BE ABLE TO LAND ALL 3 BROTHERS AT THR SAME SCHOOL."

hahahah exactly! 

Crean deserves any heat he gets if he can't land a player who A ) is right in his backyard, and B ) has two older brothers who both played here. Also, aren't the Gordons season ticket holders? 

Given those circumstances, losing him to Nevada would be monumentally embarrassing, no matter how much some of the apologists try to spin it. 

I've been an IU fan for as long as I can remember but have only been following recruiting very heavily since 2007. One thing I've learned? We always think that we have a shot at these whopper classes that only Duke, UK, and KU get, and the reality is always much different than our expectations.  We should be happy to add Eron Gordon.  4* in state kid. Kid can score against anyone. We are going to regret not getting him when we miss on guys like Rawle Alkins and Bruce Brown.

Crean deserves any heat he gets if he can't land a player who A ) is right in his backyard, and B ) has two older brothers who both played here. Also, aren't the Gordons season ticket holders?

Given those circumstances, losing him to Nevada would be monumentally embarrassing, no matter how much some of the apologists try to spin it.

You did fine until after that last comma. Leave it out please.

@EronGordon1: I've decided to postpone the College Commitment would like explore my college visits.

Well that was fast

Good Lord. I guess it is absolutely his prerogative, and maybe even gives him a chance to see what the University of Nevada looks like.

On some level though, it makes me a little more satisfied with the commitment of Grant Gelon under the "no muss - no fuss -IU is my 1st choice" theory.