Demo Posted September 23 Posted September 23 37 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Honestly the NCAA needs to just let this go. Fight the pro athletes coming back to college. Leave the kids like Daley alone They’re never gonna let it go. They love that it’s a complete $hitshow and they couldn’t care less how they look. All they want is federal intervention and with every day of this ongoing absurdity it becomes more likely they get it. Class of '66 Old Fart, Napleshoosier, OliviaPope40 and 2 others 5 Quote
ronzo4IU Posted September 23 Posted September 23 8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said: The NCAA constantly appealing these rulings is vastly more annoying to me than LSU trying to roster a couple guys who spent a few weeks in NFL training camps or whatever. There is no meaningful distinction between those guys and Daley and Wyatt IMO. I don't think those guys became superstars because they spent a couple weeks training in the NFL since they were denied an opportunity to play a 5th year like all the classes before them since COVID and all the classes after them will get. The NCAA has gotta go. Exactly....end of story..they suck. Home Jersey 1 Quote
68Hoosier Posted September 23 Posted September 23 2 hours ago, Pagoda said: They got the prelim injunction! Poor Niz is reading through it all... still need to understand what the next steps may be. They're eligible for Northwestern though. Hopefully any other steps are after the season is over and this issue is put to bed. Update: My understanding is the NCAA will almost certainly appeal to the Indiana Court of Appeals. The NCAA will ask for a stay pending the outcome of the appeal -- which would make them ineligible again probably for the whole year because the appeal hearing will be scheduled pretty far out into the future. If the Court of Appeals doesn't grant a stay, they're probably good the whole season, as again, the appeal will probably be sometime pretty out into the future (like 2027). So I guess this is down to what the Court of Appeals does on the stay ask from the NCAA. This is a good first step today though. Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer. Was Alexis part of this? Quote
Home Jersey Posted September 23 Posted September 23 10 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said: Was Alexis part of this? I believe so Napleshoosier and 68Hoosier 2 Quote
Class of '66 Old Fart Posted September 23 Posted September 23 15 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said: Was Alexis part of this? Yes. Also former IU player Malik Reneau if you're keeping track. skhoosier2, Napleshoosier, OliviaPope40 and 1 other 4 Quote
Class of '66 Old Fart Posted September 23 Posted September 23 Napleshoosier, 8bucks and Home Jersey 3 Quote
Home Jersey Posted September 23 Posted September 23 1 hour ago, Demo said: They’re never gonna let it go. They love that it’s a complete $hitshow and they couldn’t care less how they look. All they want is federal intervention and with every day of this ongoing absurdity it becomes more likely they get it. You're absolutely right here, of course. I still think the Protect ESPN and SEC Profits Act has a pretty uphill battle to get passed, despite the Senate's procedural vote the other day. Although Congress can surprisingly get out of their own way when certain folks have money on the line, so who knows. Whole lotta noise IMO. Quote
RaceToTheTop Posted September 23 Posted September 23 2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said: Yes. Also former IU player Malik Reneau if you're keeping track. Confirmation that Alexis is currently eligible. https://www.insidethehall.com/2026/09/23/report-kellan-wyatt-stephen-daley-and-sam-alexis-currently-eligible-after-monroe-circuit-court-grants-preliminary-injunction/ HoosierHoopster and J34 1 1 Quote
HoosierHoopster Posted September 23 Posted September 23 35 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said: Confirmation that Alexis is currently eligible. https://www.insidethehall.com/2026/09/23/report-kellan-wyatt-stephen-daley-and-sam-alexis-currently-eligible-after-monroe-circuit-court-grants-preliminary-injunction/ It's the correct decision, imo. More importantly, it re-builds my optimism on the season, for now Home Jersey and Demo 1 1 Quote
IUHoosierJoe Posted September 23 Posted September 23 3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said: I had not been all that confident the players would ultimately prevail in this matter until this strongly-worded decision. I'm not sure how the NCAA overcomes this. cthomas, skhoosier2 and 8bucks 3 Quote
Demo Posted September 23 Posted September 23 22 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said: It's the correct decision, imo. More importantly, it re-builds my optimism on the season, for now Yup. Wyatt and Daley playing is basically found money for IUFB but Alexis fills a fairly giant need, Stuhoo, Hoosierfanyuh, Home Jersey and 4 others 7 Quote
skhoosier2 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said: I had not been all that confident the players would ultimately prevail in this matter until this strongly-worded decision. I'm not sure how the NCAA overcomes this. I felt that way too until I saw another decision similar to this in NY. The Monroe county judge also mentioned there was no exclusion for 22 in the bylaws and wondered why as she recessed the court waiting on documents to be submitted. Will be interesting to see if any of these cases taking this approach get stays. As of now NCAA will appeal but no firm date set on when that will be heard. IUHoosierJoe 1 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted September 24 Posted September 24 1 minute ago, skhoosier2 said: I felt that way too until I saw another decision similar to this in NY. The Monroe county judge also mentioned there was no exclusion for 22 in the bylaws and wondered why as she recessed the court waiting on documents to be submitted. Will be interesting to see if any of these cases taking this approach get stays. As of now NCAA will appeal but no firm date set on when that will be heard. January 26th 2027 sounds like a great date Quote
str8baller Posted September 24 Posted September 24 12 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said: I had not been all that confident the players would ultimately prevail in this matter until this strongly-worded decision. I'm not sure how the NCAA overcomes this. It’s just one judge’s findings, and a rather preliminary one at that. With that said, I’d guess the chances of the NCAA getting the appeals court to step in is low. And once the 26-27 season plays out the issue is moot. While I’ve been critical of the NCAA for allowing substantive issues drop as moot in earlier case, there would be no point in this case unless they were just hell-bent on vacating the wins of certain teams. The NCAA never ceases to amaze me in their ineptitude. When they should be fighting and establishing some legal precedent they mostly just roll over. On this issue, which is trivial and a foot-fault on their part from the beginning, they are fighting tooth and nail. skhoosier2 1 Quote
str8baller Posted September 24 Posted September 24 3 hours ago, str8baller said: With that said, I’d guess the chances of the NCAA getting the appeals court to step in is low. Eh…I’m going to revise this having finally read the order. It is very broad and includes things like the signing pro contracts, enjoining conferences, and opening the portal back up. I don’t love that, as it ups the odds a higher court might want to look at it. Some of those things are what got other appellate courts’ attention (I think). There were 100 plaintiffs so maybe the judge felt the court needed to go that broad for some of them, but it wasn’t necessary for Wyatt, Daley, and Alexis, imo. cthomas 1 Quote
Brass Cannon Posted September 24 Posted September 24 11 minutes ago, str8baller said: Eh…I’m going to revise this having finally read the order. It is very broad and includes things like the signing pro contracts, enjoining conferences, and opening the portal back up. I don’t love that, as it ups the odds a higher court might want to look at it. Some of those things are what got other appellate courts’ attention (I think). There were 100 plaintiffs so maybe the judge felt the court needed to go that broad for some of them, but it wasn’t necessary for Wyatt, Daley, and Alexis, imo. Can they strike down certain parts and not others Quote
skhoosier2 Posted September 24 Posted September 24 Well as expected NCAA filed their emergency stay request to be ruled upon within 24 hours to prevent anyone from playing this weekend and subsequently the season. They are a complete joke. Hopefully the stat gets denied. Quote
str8baller Posted September 24 Posted September 24 10 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said: Can they strike down certain parts and not others Yes, I think so. But since it’s an emergency stay application I would count on it being an all-or-nothing deal. The NCAA has to file a proposed order with the stay, I think, and so we’ll see what they’re asking for. I’d bet they’re asking for relief from the whole thing. I suppose the good news here is that if the court gives them the stiff arm on this, the odds go way up for the players. Home Jersey 1 Quote
Home Jersey Posted September 24 Posted September 24 2 minutes ago, str8baller said: Yes, I think so. But since it’s an emergency stay application I would count on it being an all-or-nothing deal. The NCAA has to file a proposed order with the stay, I think, and so we’ll see what they’re asking for. I’d bet they’re asking for relief from the whole thing. I suppose the good news here is that if the court gives them the stiff arm on this, the odds go way up for the players. I am not a lawyer but I am a pessimist and I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling about how this turns out ronzo4IU 1 Quote
BtownStrength Posted September 24 Posted September 24 So essentially the stay gets granted and they are most likely done for the season or it gets denied and the NCAA has almost no chance to counte? Fates will be known within 24 hours. To the best of my understanding, a hearing would be a ways out but wouldn't necessarily mean Alexis out for the season either way. But most likely for Daley and Wyatt due to football season timing. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.