Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

As you and many have said, for each key piece we add it becomes progressively more difficult to fill with another quality piece because it's harder and harder for top players to envision a key role.

Therefore, it seems to me that the most attainable quality piece would currently be a stretch big, or for that matter any big. We still have an easily envisioned role for a player that has those skills.

We had a big role player and he went packing -- either voluntarily or un voluntarily.  Those spots are going to be difficult to fill because these days nobody is "forced" to stay put and develop.  It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy -- the talent level decreases, so the minutes decrease, so the player leaves.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

It's now official and  based on rumors we'll have an interest.

image.png

Why would he even consider IU?  Already had that high min. bench role, which probably isn't available.  I think he'd be looking for a starting role somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Why would he even consider IU?  Already had that high min. bench role, which probably isn't available.  I think he'd be looking for a starting role somewhere.  

Grad transfer.....maybe he wants to go to the KSB or something...

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Because hs is a big IU legacy kid.  With all his family connections there is no way he didn't grow up an IU fan.  It could be one of those deals where you figure you aren't going pro, why not go to the childhood dream school if they are calling.

family ties to IU + couple hundred thousand dollars + chance to play on a team that wins big..? its plausible that he'd consider IU. 

He might not have any delusions of grandeur about having starters minutes and being a star somewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

We had a big role player and he went packing -- either voluntarily or un voluntarily.  Those spots are going to be difficult to fill because these days nobody is "forced" to stay put and develop.  It becomes a self fulfilling prophecy -- the talent level decreases, so the minutes decrease, so the player leaves.  

• Anderson was 32+ mpg  at FGCU and always started.
  • Goode was 20 mpg at Illinois and rarely started.

That, plus Goode's next-level connections to IU make it a much more foreseeable fit in a 15 mpg role.

By the way, Goode averaged about one more rebound per 40 minutes than Anderson last year.

57 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

Furst would be a great backup big.

Ha, wouldn't that be a hilarious plot twist! Get a back-up C in Furst, back-up wing shooter Goode all while sticking it to Purdoo, Illinois and Notre Dame!? Sign me up! 

Seriously doubt that happens, but I agree with you that Furst would be a great fit. 

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://twitter.com/TheMopLady/status/1782424651387347292

You wonder how we didn't get him to begin with...sheesh.

Shows he committed to Illinois after his junior year. Probably thought IU was a mess (which, it was at the time). I've read where certain guys (maybe Kyle Guy) wanted to come to IU but the coach at the time wasn't a fit (Crean or Miller). 

Not sure if this is sorta known or if the topic has been broached -- I've been on vacation and visiting with out-of-town friends the past couple days, therefore mostly out of the loop -- but according to Tyme on Twitter, getting both Goode and Anderson isn't really an option. 

Guess it's one or the other.