Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

I live in Evansville and I'll be honest I haven't watched a lot of Aces basketball. I just know their fans were upset to lose him. Really good shooter. 

Just a guess Carlyle and Humrichous are our top 2 realistic options right now. After that the majority of your roster is set. 

Woodson will likely only play eight kids. I think Indiana is at 6 right now. Two more players to make the rotation. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Woodson will likely only play eight kids. I think Indiana is at 6 right now. Two more players to make the rotation. 

Just speculating...

Rice, Carlyle*, Mgbako, Reneau, Ballo, Galloway, Tucker, Humrichous*

10 minutes ago, Trish said:

Doubt it. Who else is going to pay him what Indiana is?

You sound upset that our NIL collective is helping to attract excellent players. Let me see if I understand:

Now that every big-time power 5 program can afford to pay a ton of money legally to players, you believe we should:

1. Have a crappy NIL organization that doesn't allow us to pay as much in NIL as other major programs
  2. Use NIL, but lose portal recruiting battles to teams that have just as much money as IU for portal NIL
  3. Have as robust an NIL program as any other team, and use it to attract and get commitments from fantastic players

Feel free to pick any and all of these as your preferred option(s)

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Just speculating...

Rice, Carlyle*, Mgbako, Reneau, Ballo, Galloway, Tucker, Humrichous*

That seems very possible. I'd prefer a more consistent 3p shooter instead of Carlyle, but seems a fate acompli he's coming and will start..... 

5 minutes ago, Trish said:

Kansas didn't. Kansas isn't paying Liam the money he wants by the looks of it either!

Never know what a program will pay when it gets down to the end of the road and a 5 star kid is still on the table.  I can’t speak for what programs are paying kids or how accurate the numbers are but would find it hard to believe a program with money not paying an unsigned 5 star kid late in the cycle 

1 minute ago, Hardwood83 said:

That seems very possible. I'd prefer a more consistent 3p shooter instead of Carlyle, but seems it a fate acompli he's coming and will start..... 

Preface with I prefer Conwell....buttttt Rice and Kanaan would probably be the best backcourt in the country, not just the B1G. 

7 minutes ago, Trish said:

I suspect he will still play several early in the year and make many frustrated and then shorten the bench if needed.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You sound upset that our NIL collective is helping to attract excellent players. Let me see if I understand:

Now that every big-time power 5 program can afford to pay a ton of money legally to players, you believe we should:

1. Not do the same - not fund NIL and do not use it as much as others
  2. Use NIL, but lose the portal recruiting battles to teams that have just as much money as IU for portal NIL
  3. Have a crappy NIL organization that doesn't allow us to pay as much in NIL as other major programs
  4. Have as robust an NIL program as any other team, and use it to attract and get commitments from fantastic players

Feel free to pick any and all of these as your preferred option(s)

Nope not upset, just stating some programs are not going to pay what players are demanding. Liam wants more money by the looks of it. Programs are spending all their money and scholarships at the moment, kids need to lower the asking price. 

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Preface with I prefer Conwell....buttttt Rice and Kanaan would probably be the best backcourt in the country, not just the B1G. 

There is no way I believe that.

Taking nothing from them as I believe they are good players, but best in the country?

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Never know what a program will pay when it gets down to the end of the road and a 5 star kid is still on the table.  I can’t speak for what programs are paying kids or how accurate the numbers are but would find it hard to believe a program with money not paying an unsigned 5 star kid late in the cycle 

Like a parent who on December 23rd spies their kid tearfully begging Santa for the coveted toy of the season, and then sees that toy for 10X retail price on FaceBook Marketplace.

You betcha. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Nope not upset, just stating some programs are not going to pay what players are demanding. Liam wants more money by the looks of it. Programs are spending all their money and scholarships at the moment, kids need to lower the asking price. 

Incoming freshman 100% need to not ask for much.  Proven commodities trump devloping a player at this point, particularly when a school may see the fruits of their development go elsewhere after a year.

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

Rice, KC*, Gallo, MM, Tucker, MR, Ballo is the core rotation. 

Depending on the game you give minutes to Cupps, Leal or Malone* (or other backup C)

That's 10 guys with Newton available for mop up duty. Two scholarships open. 

3 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I suspect he will still play several early in the year and make many frustrated and then shorten the bench if needed.

Ballo

Malik

Trey

Rice

Mackenzie

Kaanan

Tucker

That's seven. One more rotational players while Newton, Cupps, Leal, are DNPCD's perhaps. I could see Cupps cracking the top eight. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yup. UConn fans don't seem to have any issue about ponying up a nice NIL payday for McNeeley. 

The kids getting paid doesn't bother me at all... just want a more sustainable model personally. 

We should all be happy as Indiana fans that the status quo is favorable for our program landing top talent. 

1 minute ago, SamIam said:

Rice, KC*, Gallo, MM, Tucker, MR, Ballo is the core rotation. 

Depending on the game you give minutes to Cupps, Leal or Malone* (or other backup C)

That's 10 guys with Newton available for mop up duty. Two scholarships open. 

Maybe he plays 10 during the non-conference Make-A-Wish teams but he's a stubborn coach. He wants an eight man rotation. 9 would be a stretch IMO from Woodson.