Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

18 minutes ago, Adillac said:

In the last 9 games of the season Rice went 0-22 from 3pt. 

Did we really need a bad 3pt shooter added to a team that was terrible at shooting the 3? Honestly….its dumbfounding. Where is this hype train for this kid coming from? Bc he avg double figures in the Pac12? The hype on this kid is like a magic trick- there’s no there there. Hoping I’m dead wrong and prove to be just a hater. We get someone like Hickman then I’ll get excited. Hell, even getting the big kid from AZ would be exciting….we do need another good big man for depth. 

Please, Woody please get a real shooter for gods sake. 

Respectfully, you can't complain about getting a guy that averaged more PPG as a freshman in the PAC12 than another guy did as a junior in the MVC. Yes, his % wasn't great this year but he was 33% before his late season skid. Freshmen making a jump in efficiency in their sophomore year is hardly a rarity. 

17 minutes ago, Trish said:

Rice / Cupps

Trey / Kanaan

Mack / Tucker

Malik / 

Ballo / 

OUT OF ROTATION: Newton, Leal. 

That would be my rotation once Ballo and Kanaan commit. Still no shooting and I question the perimeter defense as well. Interior defense will be fine, even when Malik goes into his typical foul trouble. 

Mental gymnastics are exhausting

4 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

Respectfully, you can't complain about getting a guy that averaged more PPG as a freshman in the PAC12 than another guy did as a junior in the MVC. Yes, his % wasn't great this year but he was 33% before his late season skid. Freshmen making a jump in efficiency in their sophomore year is hardly a rarity. 

wasn't he still recovering from cancer too?

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If you can’t be extraordinarily excited about what this player brings to the team both on and off the court? You may need to question a little bit what your standards are for quality addition.

This may be quite literally as good as it gets in matching exactly what we needed with who we just added. 

Three level player with extraordinary leadership and proven accomplishments who will have three years of eligibility.

Oh my goodness, this is a massive pick up 

I like this commitment!  He’s going to be better than X ever was at point guard!  Welcome to Hoosier Nation Myles Rice!  Now bring on Ballo, Carlyle and Hickman and now we are set pretty well.  2 of 3’and it is still a great recruiting job!  Go Hoosiers!

Big time upgrade from what we have had in position probably since Yogi.  X had talent, but it didn’t translate to consistency in production.  Big first get.  Keep stacking talent.  We need it everywhere.  Still want 2 more dudes that can go out get theirs when needed, and knock down open 3’s.  

3 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Big time upgrade from what we have had in position probably since Yogi.  X had talent, but it didn’t translate to consistency in production.  Big first get.  Keep stacking talent.  We need it everywhere.  Still want 2 more dudes that can go out get theirs when needed, and knock down open 3’s.  

I would argue that it was a great 2nd get. Tucker was not a portal kid but was a late, short recruitment add and while not the shooter Liam was he can be a big help down the road. 

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

And character. Talented kids that won’t leave the gym. That are obsessively in love with the game.

Rice will be there with Cupps at 6:00am

8 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Those two shot 47% and 36% from 3. Why in the world wouldn't you try and get them more 3's. I'm not even joking here: are you Mike Woodson?

On extremely low volume, with their feet set, and nobody guarding them. The two combined made 23 in over 1,000 minutes on the court. Looking at raw percentages is DUMB.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

Does shooting the 3 ball at 0 percent make a player a 3 point shooter.

Different question, assuming that’s a question given the use of a period: If a post is dropped into a thread and it provides no information, insight, analysis or clarity and will be quickly forgotten, did it really happen?