Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

15 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Give me Rice at the point, Conwell or Cade Tyson (Belmont 45.4% from 3 and averaged 16.2 ppg) at the 2.

PG - Rice (Portal)

SG - Conwell or Tyson (Portal)

SF - Mgbako and Tucker (5 star recruit)

PF - Reneau

C - Payne and/or Williams (Portal)

Bench: Galloway, Cupps, Leal, Humrichous (portal) and the D-2 player of year

If i am following your list, this would leave us with two additional sports open.  I think we should fill those as well becuase of potential injury and not panning out.  For me I would still look at Walker, and try to get both of Payne and Williams to fill all the open spots.  

7 minutes ago, Silat Player said:

Yikes. You know the coach and program are in trouble when the mods are making the discussion topics very very specific. LOL. 

So talking about the current roster when talking about portal targets and how things fit together is off-limits now (obviously in an effort to deflect criticism of CMW)? 

Double yikes!

Just like the bots on twitter it's happening everywhere. People get their orders.

With all of these visits lined up from guys in the portal with Indiana interest we will be getting commits before we know it. 

I really like the Division 2 kid

Just now, 68Hoosier said:

If i am following your list, this would leave us with two additional sports open.  I think we should fill those as well becuase of potential injury and not panning out.  For me I would still look at Walker, and try to get both of Payne and Williams to fill all the open spots.  

Totally agree…..we need at least 2 bigs, one to start at the 5 and a backup for Reneau at the 4

To point 2 Banks, Gunn did not improve but Reneau did. Is that because of the staff or is that because the individual player put in the time to get better?
IMO, a staff can work with a player to help them improve, but if a player doesn't want to put in the work outside of the sessions with staff, they either won't improve or the improvement will be minimal.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

IMO, a staff can work with a player to help them improve, but if a player doesn't want to put in the work outside of the sessions with staff, they either won't improve or the improvement will be minimal.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^

I was trying to say this earlier in a post. 

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Just like the bots on twitter it's happening everywhere. People get their orders.

With all of these visits lined up from guys in the portal with Indiana interest we will be getting commits before we know it. 

I really like the Division 2 kid

I like the Evansville kid. He's good. Woody is going to make him a star. 

I'm sure we'll have all 6 spots filled right away.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

NOOOOoooooooooo. No no NO

Competition for the best portal transfers will make it tough for IU no matter how much NIL they have. But I agree with you NO !!!!!!

2 hours ago, IndyHoops said:

How is Cupps isn’t going to play much next year equal to bashing Woodson??? 

Ask the original poster, I just agreed to it. Any time I see the word Cupps or Woodson, I just assume it's bashing.

That final scholarship left open because they were waiting for a guard to make a decision. I can't remember his name but they were waiting. In the meantime they have an OV from the Hart kid from Linton and didn't offer him. The following Monday or Tuesday he announces he is going to UK. 6'5, good shooter, poor defender, Indiana All-Star but IU thought they needed that last scholarship for the guard they were waiting on. I wish my memory was better on this at least the names of the players and too many posts to dig through to get to last May 2023. 

Is that they others remember the situation about the last scholarship?