Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

35 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I don't really get the "Pro-Woodson" moniker. I've made several posts in the last few months stating I would have been content with moving on from Woodson after 3 years. But it needed to be a big name hire. I wasn't on board with dumping Woodson for somebody like Dusty May.

Now that it has been announced that he is getting a 4th year, I'm going to support both him and the program that I have followed for over 50 years. I'm certainly not going to perpetuate half-truths and narratives to drive an agenda. If that makes me pro-woodson, sue me I guess. But there were more than enough posts, actually pages worth, that ran with some narrative that Woodson was going to lose his entire team and that alone was a fireable offense. There was once poster in general (who is no longer with us) that universally rejected that notion, called out the BS, etc and as it turns out, was in fact correct. Nothing more, nothing less. Realize that poster was very condescending and I didn't appreciate it either, but he brought a lot more accurate information to the board before calling it quits than a lot of stuff that has been thrown around the last 5 or 6 weeks. I can tell it's getting under some people's skin. 

Chill….

3 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

FWIW, this board was mentioning Rice well before Ngw tweeted.  Wolfe was mentioned as a fit as well.  Just saying that 'Indiana has been in contact' isn't really going out on a limb.  Schools are in contact with SO many players in the portal.

Ngw's (Tyme) tweet about 'not caring if I'm right, just that others are wrong' is a sad indictment.  As in, I don't care if I'm successful.....I just care that others fail.  Kind of sad that he is jealous of a guy -- TrillyDonovan -- who goes to great lengths to be anonymous.

I think wolf might have been mentioned here but his early tweets focused on those guys where we had a more shot gun approach here. 

I don’t really care tbh just what I saw 

4 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

WTF are Wolfe and Rice?  May as well be Wilber and Randy.  Like I said, zero commits.  

We all like to discuss who we seem to be targeting right?  That is still news.  I mean if a kid reduces his list and we are not on it, if we assumed he was a major target we get frustrated but if we knew ahead of time who the staff seemed to be targeting it is not a big deal if a kid who is not on that list goes elsewhere.  If we nab Rice, Wolfe and the Iowa kid good for NGW if we don't then he either does not have connections or the staff missed on primary targets.  If the latter, that is important to know right?

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Galloway leaving. Leal leaving. Cupps leaving. Reneau and Mgbako leaving. Pretty much all the info that was relayed to him (from guys like Rabjohns) that stated there would be a mass exodus and an empty cupboard to start next season. NGW/Tyme rejected that from the start. 

Except we know from Chris that Galloway and Leal were shown what their NIL would be the day prior to senior night.  Fact is that our NIL increased and their NIL deals increased as well, likely effecting every player's MO.  Could very well have something to do with Galloway and Leal coming back.

Ngw has always been a sunshine pumper who takes credit when things go well but when they don't, he blames the 'fans' making 'scaring off recruits' and if something doesn't happen it is because 'things changed' -- he doesn't admit when his projection didn't pan out.

Chris Ledlum would been at IU if Ngw was correct.  Boogie Fland would be in candystripes next year.  And notice that Ngw never said Liam McNeeley was decommitting prior to him doing so and after he did he said it was 'because the fans were negative'.  And he also was stating that IU had the upper hand in the Queen recruitment because of how long it went on.  So Ngw has been right.....when he was right.  And he's been wrong when he's been wrong.  Everything thing he has been right has been positive for IU, everything he has been wrong on has been a negative for IU.  He's like a guy who wants credit for predicting the sun coming up in the morning but when the sun goes down at night he didn't see it coming and it must have been because 'things changed'.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Except we know from Chris that Galloway and Leal were shown what their NIL would be the day prior to senior night.  Fact is that our NIL increased and their NIL deals increased as well, likely effecting every player's MO.  Could very well have something to do with Galloway and Leal coming back.

Ngw has always been a sunshine pumper who takes credit when things go well but when they don't, he blames the 'fans' making 'scaring off recruits' and if something doesn't happen it is because 'things changed' -- he doesn't admit when his projection didn't pan out.

Chris Ledlum would been at IU if Ngw was correct.  Boogie Fland would be in candystripes next year.  And notice that Ngw never said Liam McNeeley was decommitting prior to him doing so and after he did he said it was 'because the fans were negative'.  And he also was stating that IU had the upper hand in the Queen recruitment because of how long it went on.  So Ngw has been right.....when he was right.  And he's been wrong when he's been wrong.  Everything thing he has been right has been positive for IU, everything he has been wrong on has been a negative for IU.  He's like a guy who wants credit for predicting the sun coming up in the morning but when the sun goes down at night he didn't see it coming and it must have been because 'things changed'.

Yep. He also blamed the fans for IU being awful at the line, even though FTs were being missed before boos started.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

FWIW, Rabby says Bradshaw entering the portal was not a surprise and unrelated to Cal's departure.

Yeah, seemed like his entry into the portal was one of the least surprising and worst kept secrets.  Probably the only smaller surprise was that A.J. Storr didn't try to enter the portal before the portal opened.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

After the Kentucky state tournament not many think he can play high major BB but to fill the roster yea.

I didn't follow him once he committed to pUKe but I know his team beat Malachi Moreno and Great Crossing in the championship.  Can you elaborate on what they're saying?

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Galloway leaving. Leal leaving. Cupps leaving. Reneau and Mgbako leaving. Pretty much all the info that was relayed to him (from guys like Rabjohns) that stated there would be a mass exodus and an empty cupboard to start next season. NGW/Tyme rejected that from the start. 

And how do you know they weren’t leaving until they talked to woodson and/or got more money?  I quit my job every week, then I am talked out of it.  

1 hour ago, IndyHoops said:

Man, the pro Woodson people are getting a lot of milage out of that “mass transfer” rumor…. 

Not like it was an important reason to consider firing Woodson this year.  I mean if we have no recruits and everyone is leaving why keep him?  It certainly got me ready to make a change now.  He still has a lot of work to do to build a roster that can compete for a BT title next year but keeping the core was a key part.  AH 1972 summarized it pretty well.  We can be for a change and also interested in making the decision based on accurate information.

12 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

We all like to discuss who we seem to be targeting right?  That is still news.  I mean if a kid reduces his list and we are not on it, if we assumed he was a major target we get frustrated but if we knew ahead of time who the staff seemed to be targeting it is not a big deal if a kid who is not on that list goes elsewhere.  If we nab Rice, Wolfe and the Iowa kid good for NGW if we don't then he either does not have connections or the staff missed on primary targets.  If the latter, that is important to know right?

The operative word in your post — “IF.”   As of now, we still have zero portal commits.  

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I'm not talking about the night before Sr night. I'm talking about in mid to late February when the Pearl rumors started to circulate and the Trilly discourse became a thing. We had a poster on here who said Galloway was going to walk on senior night and was interested in attending Purdue of all places. That naturally made its way to the discourse along with many other things that were totally fabricated by Rabjohns and co and became massive ammo used against Woodson. Multiply this by every single player who ultimately returned who didn't even put their names in the portal. 

7 hours ago, AH1971 said:

I'm not talking about the night before Sr night. I'm talking about in mid to late February when the Pearl rumors started to circulate and the Trilly discourse became a thing. We had a poster on here who said Galloway was going to walk on senior night and was interested in attending Purdue of all places. That naturally made its way to the discourse along with many other things that were totally fabricated by Rabjohns and co and became massive ammo used against Woodson. Multiply this by every single player who ultimately returned who didn't even put their names in the portal. 

I do think Rabby has a conflict of interest. A lot of his business is predicated on covering recruiting. Hard to do his job when the HC isn’t doing his and out recruiting high schoolers. Now do I think Rabby fabricated everything and fed Trilly bad info out of spite? No I don’t. I think as always recruiting is going to be fluid, even with your current roster. Leal and Galloway could have indicated they were leaving. boosters stepped up and increased their pay so they decided to stay. Doesn’t make NGW correct or Rabby wrong. Circumstances changed so the outcome changed. 

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

REMINDER.  This is the IU portal interest thread and not the place to continue ranting about Woodson, Galloway and Leal and Senior Night.

Right.  And that goes for assessment of former poster Ngw too.

Because that’s why we have the “Fire Mike Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters” thread!!!