Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

I know there was a discussion of players progressions as three point shooters from freshman to sophomore year.  I tried to find freshman shooters at IU that shot a significant number of three point shots as a freshman at IU (50 or more attempts) but a low percentage (33 or below).  The ones in recent memory all improved, some dramatically.

First number is freshman percentage, second is sophomore.  Final number is improvemtn

Durham 28.6, 34.8, +6.2

Phinisee 31, 33.3, +2.3

Franklin 26.6, 42.4, +15.8

Hunter 30.2, 36.2 +6.0

Bates 29.8, 37.4, +7.6

Ferrell 30.3, 40, +9.7

45 minutes ago, HoosierBoiler said:

Bobes in Vincennes my all time favorite 

The best!  I have family coming in for eclipse and to visit. Ordered six 1/2 baked pizzas to cook later.  The wait time on Sunday/Monday will be crazy. 

7 hours ago, btownqb said:

No.  But I am pretty sure he is heavily LH, as in.. missed a shot at the rim because he refused to use his right hand... that has cause for concern. 

Except he was using his RH in the semifinals 

8 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

There’s no way you actually believe this. I’m no UK fan but Calipari is 10x the coach Woody ever thought about being. It’s not even close honestly 

Yeah I'm with you there. 

If I was in a debate with a UK fan about whose team has the better coach, I don't know how I could claim that IU does.

I'd be willing to deal with some first round exits if Woodson had the tournament results Calipari has had the last 12 years.

8 minutes ago, KYHoosier said:

There’s no way you actually believe this. I’m no UK fan but Calipari is 10x the coach Woody ever thought about being. It’s not even close honestly 

Ehhh. Calipari has the better college resume undeniably but he's been at it for decades. His only true success has come via a generational college player in Anthony Davis. Underachieved massively with Boogie Cousins and John Wall at UK. Didn't win a title with Derrick Rose... tons of NBA players over the years. Doing less with more talent than most coaches could dream of... they lost to Oakland this year and Cal was totally useless on the sidelines. He's no X's and O's mastermind... not to say Woody is either. But if we're just talking coaching ability and not resume, you can reasonably make the case it's at least "close" 

17 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Ehhh. Calipari has the better college resume undeniably but he's been at it for decades. His only true success has come via a generational college player in Anthony Davis. Underachieved massively with Boogie Cousins and John Wall at UK. Didn't win a title with Derrick Rose... tons of NBA players over the years. Doing less with more talent than most coaches could dream of... they lost to Oakland this year and Cal was totally useless on the sidelines. He's no X's and O's mastermind... not to say Woody is either. But if we're just talking coaching ability and not resume, you can reasonably make the case it's at least "close" 

Didn’t win any games with Derrick Rose.