Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

On 5/13/2024 at 7:40 PM, Stuhoo said:

I strongly suspect that Hatton will be in Bloomington by midweek, if he isn’t there already.

During that visit he’ll see his anticipated role, see film, meet coachesCarnac_the_Magnificent.jpg and players, see facilities, and learn about IU NIL.

If all goes well and the coaches are also impressed, he’s a Hoosier soon thereafter. If something goes awry, we need to be in contact with a few backup plan players.

Carnac the Magnificient...Thank you for your divining our future.  Now should I invest in cryptocurrency or get a Subway franchise in Floyds Knob?  

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So will IU stick with 12 schollies are pick up an extra body?

Barring someone stepping out of the draft who just changes your ceiling, I’d be pretty surprised if this isn’t your 24-25 Hoosiers.

20 minutes ago, Demo said:

Barring someone stepping out of the draft who just changes your ceiling, I’d be pretty surprised if this isn’t your 24-25 Hoosiers.

I wouldn’t be surprised but I don’t think it would be an impact guy.  Either a freshman/sophomore with upside that could redshirt or a break glass in case of emergency big to back up hatton if ballo got hurt.

32 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I still haven't heard a reason we shouldn't add someone else 

Because we would have to honor the entire term of years on scholarship for a player. There may not be anyone available that is interested that is worth doing that for.

We do not want to tie up a scholly for multiple years for a player that won't have a real chance of playing this year or developing, and a player that is "worth it" likely won't be interested ; they would have a really hard time foreseeing a role with the current roster.

20 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I still haven't heard a reason we shouldn't add someone else 

Agreed, there is no advantage to 'saving' a scholarship. It's just wasted. IU is already bringing in a minimum of 5 new guys next year, probably 6-7, with 0 commits, so not like there is a crunch. 

12 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Agreed, there is no advantage to 'saving' a scholarship. It's just wasted. IU is already bringing in a minimum of 5 new guys next year, probably 6-7, with 0 commits, so not like there is a crunch. 

I guess maybe they're worried about cap space ;)