Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

14 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Do we even know if Hatton is making a trip to Btown?

Haven’t heard much at all except the crystal ball to IU by Branham.  Truth is some guys have visits and you never hear about it.  I believe he visited Minnesota some time ago but they have since signed another big.

2 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I hope he is a Hoosier, but all three links are based on one prediction by Travis Branham.  It's a valuable prediction, but right now it's all anyone has to go on.

28 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

Thought I read somewhere that Ohio State was after Hatton too fwiw

It sounds like MW needs to up the ante to out bid others!

6 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It sounds like MW needs to up the ante to out bid others!

It's pretty bad when a very medium or less player from a bad Bellarmine team commands a bidding war.  I don't know what we should have done with the backup 5 spot but man the pickings are getting slim and we either strike out or overpay.  

I wish a foreign option was on the list or even a talented freshman from earlier in the signing class that would be willing to wait his turn.  (Purdue has about 4 of them).  

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It's pretty bad when a very medium or less player from a bad Bellarmine team commands a bidding war.  I don't know what we should have done with the backup 5 spot but man the pickings are getting slim and we either strike out or overpay.  

I wish a foreign option was on the list or even a talented freshman from earlier in the signing class that would be willing to wait his turn.  (Purdue has about 4 of them).  

I guess it depends on your definition of overpay. How much NIL do we have left in the pool? Fwiw I have no idea on that. We only have 2 slots left and backup 5 is, imo, our biggest need. So depending on how much we have left to spend, an overpay might be our best investment. 

Agree with you 100% that a freshman big to develop would have been perfect. But now that we know it's not happening, shifting to getting Moreno next year and giving him prime minutes seems solid. Doesn't help this year though. 

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

100%.

After seeing the top rated posts in the portal, we are moving forward on arguably the most game-ready choice. And we are moving forward on the player that understands and has connections to the university.

Absent something to 

Again, I'll relax when we have him

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

100%.

After seeing the top rated posts in the portal, we are moving forward on arguably the most game-ready choice. And we are moving forward on the player that understands and has connections to the university.

Absent something to the contrary, we are on our way to getting an outstanding piece to the on-court puzzle, who also is an outstanding student and a native Hoosier.

This. Is. Good.

I like Hatton and want him on the team, but until he’s signed he’s not signed.  Staff likely knows where they stand but things can always change.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

100%.

Absent something to the contrary, we are on our way to getting an outstanding piece to the on-court puzzle, who also is an outstanding student and a native Hoosier.

This. Is. Good.

My Dad owned car dealerships and he used to say “There’s an a$$ for every seat.” Inelegant but true. And Hatton just feels like a very snug fit for this particular seat. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

My Dad owned car dealerships and he used to say “There’s an a$$ for every seat.” Inelegant but true. And Hatton just feels like a very snug fit for this particular seat. 

• A great culture get - academics, native Hoosier, etc.
  • Plays the position of need.
  • Very good defensive rebounding efficiency.
  • Can shoot it some for a player his size.
  • A reasonable free throw shooter for a 5.
  • A mature person that doesn't need and doesn't want babysitting. And a positive character influence on others. Lots of charitable work on the Bellarmine page by him.

Let's hope this happens and that the recent Adam Howard tweet is a sign.

Yes, there's only 1 crystal ball and yes, he hasn't been on campus but I'm not seeing anything anywhere that suggests there's a reason to be concerned.  I looked at the Bellarmine calendar and last week was finals week and this Saturday is commencement which he may want to attend out of friendship with other students.  I'll be looking for news of some kind by no later than Wednesday the 15th.