Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

NGW had a weird argument a year ago that social media will predict where a player goes. So it could be he is just some random. And he was never connected prior to this year. Maybe whoever saw him defend Woody and reached out for him to leave the message board and start a twitter acct and is getting fed info by the staff now. In return he keeps defending tooth and nail. 

11 minutes ago, Feathery said:

NGW had a weird argument a year ago that social media will predict where a player goes. So it could be he is just some random. And he was never connected prior to this year. Maybe whoever saw him defend Woody and reached out for him to leave the message board and start a twitter acct and is getting fed info by the staff now. In return he keeps defending tooth and nail. 

Yeah, and that social media argument was pretty weak to be honest. Something has definitely changed. 

20 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Not to burst anyone’s narrative but Connor has been following our entire team for months now, he follows a lot of big ten players lol, i think it’d be more significant if he followed coaches ect 

Well half our players are new and from the old Pac12….:)

7 hours ago, Feathery said:

I remember NGW regarding social media.  While I think it can be somewhat a positive sign if/when a player starts following other players and coaches it is also important to note if that player follows opposing teams coaches and players.  Why would IU be the only school that follows said player via instagram?  I'd find it hard to believe that if a school truly has interest in said player that the opposing school reps(players/coaches if they have an Instagram) have no interest in engaging via social media.  In todays society kids in their early 20s and late teens live by social media, I was exactly in their shoes(15 years ago).

Ballo for example had zero IU followers shortly before they were defeated in the tourney but once he entered the portal IU reps entered the chat.  Ballo did not follow a rep from a different school the moment he announced a visit to IU and that stayed consistent throughout his IU visit.  

4 minutes ago, sirhoosierlot said:

Guys those “mob” accounts on Twitter are just college students or recent college grads lol they’re just friends with each other. Tyme is probably a kid that’s close to the team. Occam’s Razor. 

I don’t think NGW is, because I think I remember him saying something about the recruiting process and how it worked with his kid. I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

I don’t think NGW is, because I think I remember him saying something about the recruiting process and how it worked with his kid. I could be wrong though.

Yeah I don’t think that guy and Tyme are the same people 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Tyme is someone close to the coaching staff. I believe it's a personal friend that isn't very noticeable to people trying to figure out who it is.  

I think we can take all the old people off the list of possibilities. I'm old, so I can say that in a correct way in today's world. Maybe not. Anyway I think Tyme is younger and very close to the program. Obviously likes Woodson and a social media expert. 

Brian Walsh or Adam Howard

EDIT ... after this I saw it might be NGW who has a daughter in college. I guess my two guesses are incorrect.

Edited by IH8PU
Added EDIT

9 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Are you saying you've spent few hours in C-bus today?

I went through it a few times. Went to Edinburgh, then back through to Salt Creek.

29 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Tyme is someone close to the coaching staff. I believe it's a personal friend that isn't very noticeable to people trying to figure out who it is.  

If it is NGW which I think it is, he's given us a lot of clues along the way. 

47 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

You are correct NGW if he is Tyme is not a college kid. He's older, he said I believe in here that he had a daughter who was in college

Just now, Chris007 said:

I honestly haven't paid that close of attention to the individual

Just now, Chris007 said:

Since I arrived to the BTB party late .... could you give me a brief recap on NGW ?? I just saw a few of his posts this spring before he disappeared.