Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah, I said on Friday I was told that deal was done. I have Rice, Carlyle and Ballo as Hoosiers as of now

With those 3 that fills 10 scholarships. How might the other 3 be filed?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hickman may be one, then a backup center and probably out of money by then

Sorry if you've answered...do you see Payne still coming to IU with Ballo? Payne at least has two years. He could get starter minutes as a senior. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Sorry if you've answered...do you see Payne still coming to IU with Ballo? Payne at least has two years. He could get starter minutes as a senior. 

It's funny because the people I talk to, haven't said one thing about Payne. With what we have paid out to Rice, Carlyle, and Ballo, plus the offer out to Hickman I don't think we could pay Payne what he wants. 

38 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

He's not played in over 2 years......no one comes back from that quickly

Yeah, I am good with giving him next year to get himself back into playing shape.  No rush back -- which could derail things.  

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's funny because the people I talk to, haven't said one thing about Payne. With what we have paid out to Rice, Carlyle, and Ballo, plus the offer out to Hickman I don't think we could pay Payne what he wants. 

Sorry, I'm still catching up. Are Carlyle and Ballo close to being Hoosiers?

14 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Nor should IU look to do so.  Payne should look elsewhere if the option for him is to sit behind Reneau and Ballo.

At that point you would be looking to go cheaper and take a flyer on a guy.  Kid from Goshen isn't going to be a big bucks guy.  There are also some reclamation bigs that won't demand top dollars.