Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

go iu bb

Anyone Still Want to ‘Fire Scott Dolson’?

30 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

No, he should not be fired!  Has done a great job overall!  The MW hiring wasn’t all on him, but MW can redeem himself if they win the B10 and make it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament 

I don’t know about that.

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

IU basketball has played zero games between them and now, so not exactly sure why you’d expect opinions to be different… 

Completely fair. 
CMW did very well in the portal — now he needs to show that he can lead a talented team deep, and with a balanced offense. 

7 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Great story and it definitely shows how great humanitarian Scott Dolson truly is!  

I hope your cousin is recovering well and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family!

Talked with him tonight.  He is doing pretty well.  Praying the cancer stays away and he can get the energy he needs to really enjoy his teams.  I also learned he coached Braylen’s dad when his pops was younger. 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Talked with him tonight.  He is doing pretty well.  Praying the cancer stays away and he can get the energy he needs to really enjoy his teams.  I also learned he coached Braylen’s dad when his pops was younger. 

Let’s hope & pray he’s in remission and this  season meets his and everyone’s expectations 

Currently our four most prominent college team sports (football, men’s & women’s hoops, soccer) have our Indiana Hoosiers in the top 25.

Scott Dolson? You done damn good. A+ good.

NO ONE wants to fire Scott Dolson, and we might need to build a statue for him someday.

Currently our four most prominent college team sports (football, men’s & women’s hoops, soccer) have our Indiana Hoosiers in the top 25.

NO ONE wants to fire Scott Dolson, and we might need to build a statue for him someday.

Gotta admit it’s looking good, however as you know Woody has yet to exceed preseason rankings as coach and would be viewed very moderately at best. Granted, preseason #17 with a lot of talent, so there’s some hope. His next Basketball hire is going to be critical.

In general, very proud of IU athletics as a whole.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I have never wanted Dolson fired.   Even before this great hire on the football side.  I want Dolson to be given the opportunity to hire a basketball coach that is completely his responsibility.  No more input from Buckner or anyone like that.  Dolson go find the right person for this job.  If he makes a good hire for basketball and football continues to do well then he will be a hero around the state for years to come. 

20 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Hard to give him a lot of credit for the Woody situation. No need to rehash the history there. I have no idea if he even hired the women’s or soccer coaches but they’re not going to get an AD retained or fired.  Also soccer is like basketball in that titles are the barometer and like basketball were in our longest title drought since IU won its first.  

It’s a testament to the power of football that the rising Cig tide is elevating all boats. Seems to be a great hire. Either his age or success will make him not the long term guy. So like most upstart programs the AD has to nail more than one hire and often a series of them. Think Wisky, Lville, Cincy, etc… Dolson will get his opportunities to prove he can guide the program out of bottom. Nail the next bball guy and the next few football hires and he can measure his tenure in decades. 

4 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Fired? Not yet. Depends how everything continues.

Cig? A+ so far.

Moren- A

Woody- C

Adidas- F

Baseball- D+

Soccer- B-(due more to the insanely high expectations of IU soccer)

I would argue that Teri Moren has been a far bigger success than Curt Cignetti at this point. 

An astounding seven game run vs. a decade of sustained excellence, ya know.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I would argue that Teri Moren has been a far bigger success than Curt Cignetti at this point. 

Moren built the Women's bball program into consistently one of the best programs in the B1G and a perennial contender in March. Sig is 7 games in. Moren is 226-99, 9 consecutive 20-win seasons with 6 tourney appearances over 10 years.  I get that Loaded Chicken said "so far," but come on its' not even 1 season and as well as he's doing IU hasn't beaten a legit power football program yet (loved the Neb beatdown but it isn't that his season), kind of big games coming against MSU and Mich though both are down, big time game coming against OSU.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That's why I gave Moren an A. It hasn't been perfect but it's been pretty darned great. Cig has been perfect. Literally. So it can only be an A+ as of now.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cig? A+ so far.

Moren- A

Woody- C

Adidas- F

Baseball- D+

I think this is mostly fair.  Baseball has definitely been performing less than the sum of the parts.  Hope they can figure out the pitching.  I'd be fine giving Moren an A+.  Quite remarkable from her.  

Adidas is kind of a whatever to me.  Being a top 2 or 3 flagship program is something worth considering.  I hated the Fear of God thing or whatever that whole odd idea was.  It was more the messaging, than the actually uniforms.  Adidas probably gets a B- or C+ from me.  

Soccer.  I love Hoosier soccer so much.  They've been able to make runs the last few years to salvage the bad starts but the bad starts are definitely worrisome.  Hopefully he keeps the streak of 37 alive.  That alone is worth a B.  Would like to get back in that consistent top 10 area though, that we are capable of.  

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cig? A+ so far.

Moren- A

Woody- C

Adidas- F

Baseball- D+

Dear God... by what criteria could you be giving baseball a "D+"? 

B/B+ no less 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think this is mostly fair.  Baseball has definitely been performing less than the sum of the parts.  Hope they can figure out the pitching.  I'd be fine giving Moren an A+.  Quite remarkable from her.  

Adidas is kind of a whatever to me.  Being a top 2 or 3 flagship program is something worth considering.  I hated the Fear of God thing or whatever that whole odd idea was.  It was more the messaging, than the actually uniforms.  Adidas probably gets a B- or C+ from me.  

Soccer.  I love Hoosier soccer so much.  They've been able to make runs the last few years to salvage the bad starts but the bad starts are definitely worrisome.  Hopefully he keeps the streak of 37 alive.  That alone is worth a B.  Would like to get back in that consistent top 10 area though, that we are capable of.  

Baseball was a pretty awful rating by him lol 

Do you guys watch the games? 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Cig? A+ so far.

Moren- A

Woody- C

Adidas- F

Baseball- D+

Mediocre Mike definitely deserves a mediocre grade!  I think a C still maybe a little too generous.  If it was for the generous donations by a few boosters, then we’d be talking much lower grade.  I would give him a C- at best!

I think the combination of this AD and this President can help restore IU athletics. CCC has on multiple occasions singled both of them out as a huge reason he is here. I believe they both want to see IU as an athletic power going forward. Rome wasn't built in a day. Give them some time to get the right people in the right places. CCC was a tremendous start. He is the real deal. What he is doing is sustainable. I believe that the same thing can happen across all of the IU programs. Let's let it play out.