Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Scott Drew is a good coach and a reasonable hire. Not sure he is the right choice for UK. Maybe.

He is an upgrade over Calipari, but that’s an easy bar to clear in 2024.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Scott Drew is a good coach and a reasonable hire. Not sure he is the right choice for UK. Maybe.

He is an upgrade over Calipari, but that’s an easy bar to clear in 2024.

Listened to the Goodman podcast today. Evidently Drew’s daughter is a sophomore at Baylor and his other kids are younger. I don’t think he leaves Baylor while his daughter is there. 

2 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Listened to the Goodman podcast today. Evidently Drew’s daughter is a sophomore at Baylor and his other kids are younger. I don’t think he leaves Baylor while his daughter is there. 

I didn't realize Drew had a college-aged kido at Baylor, great insight.  I've also heard anecdotally that Drew is a deeply religious man and the orientation of Baylor and Waco, TX in general suits him and his family well.

7 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

I didn't realize Drew had a college-aged kido at Baylor, great insight.  I've also heard anecdotally that Drew is a deeply religious man and the orientation of Baylor and Waco, TX in general suits him and his family well.

I didn’t either. Goodman did say he was told the buyout is only estimated at $4.5 mil. So it’s financially doable. But to your point about being religious at a Christian university is a good fit. With Oats staying out I think UK will end up with Pearl or Wade. Maybe beard but the baggage is too much imo. 

15 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Yup. The Kentucky fanbase constantly screaming “fire Drew” and telling him and his players to go ‘f themselves after every loss is not something Drew has experienced. 

19 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

The entire Drew family is very religious. Homer set an awesome example 

1 minute ago, sirhoosierlot said:

I don’t fear Hurley going to UK. I fear him going to Rutgers. 

Fun fact... they fired him when he was an assistant back in 2001. And as a SHU guy, he will never end up at RU so don't worry. Now, if Shaheen ever went elsewhere and Hurley was ready to transition into the cushy semi-retirement phase of his career... that could be a possibility IMO