Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

realTomCrean

IUBB vs Penn St - Thursday, 03.14.24 @ 9PM on BTN

19 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Yep,

The year, and the immediate future, are not great but some that thought we would go 0-4 at the end of the season now disparage every single win. Whatever. I assumed the locker room was dead and here we are….5 W’s in a row (yes, I’m ready for the “accepting lower standards” blah blah blah comments).

I mean…we’ve been rather good against mediocre teams all year and we luckily hit a stretch of them. A nice streak but it’s not exactly out of character for this team. 

Now…if we beat Nebraska tomorrow, especially without Galloway then all the credit in the world to Woody and the crew. That’s a good win on a neutral court that the metrics would say we shouldn’t win.

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I mean…we’ve been rather good against mediocre teams all year and we luckily hit a stretch of them. A nice streak but it’s not exactly out of character for this team. 

Now…if we beat Nebraska tomorrow, especially without Galloway then all the credit in the world to Woody and the crew. That’s a good win on a neutral court that the metrics would say we shouldn’t win.

To be clear…I’m not defending the year but I’d put beating Wiscy, MSU plus two road games (and putting together 5 W’s in a row) a step above just beating mediocre teams. 2-3 of them will be in the tourney.

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

X played a great, not good, great game.

Looked like a leader and defensive stopper.

Hey! Mike Woodson says X is a big deal. Seems to me that Mike Woodson knows what he is talking about there.

Sometimes it's okay to give credit and hold back on the sunshine. Let's let this all roll on but one win over #10 PSU is not the time to say "we're back". I realize that's hyperbole and you're too smart for that but I also feel you're too quick to make things into a success. Love ya Stu but let's hold back a bit man.

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

4 positives tonight

1) advance to the next game

2) 5 W’s in a row

3) Banks is well rested

4) Since we won Trish can get some sleep rather than post his 15 versions of fire Woodson

Dude!! I've never agreed with a person more and yet wanted them to shut up more than him!

9 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Sometimes it's okay to give credit and hold back on the sunshine. Let's let this all roll on but one win over #10 PSU is not the time to say "we're back". I realize that's hyperbole and you're too smart for that but I also feel you're too quick to make things into a success. Love ya Stu but let's hold back a bit man.

What's the confusion @Hovadipo

13 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

To be clear…I’m not defending the year but I’d put beating Wiscy, MSU plus two road games (and putting together 5 W’s in a row) a step above just beating mediocre teams. 2-3 of them will be in the tourney.

All wins are good. Just saying that those are the types we win this year. We just happened to hit a stretch of them.  Wisky was in an awful stretch. For reference, they lost to Michigan a week or so before us. The are playing better now so it plays as a good win. Similar with OSU before they fired Holtman, if you’re in to context and whatnot they were tied with UM as the worst in the league. 

I think winning, and blowing out, Minny up there was the most surprising one. At least i didn’t anticipate that. 

Just now, Hovadipo said:

He said X played a great game. Your post made it sound like he’s predicting a Final Four run. Odd response. 

I was speaking to "X's meaning" for Woodson's excuses for the season being validated by Stu

1 minute ago, rcbowla said:

I was speaking to "X's meaning" for Woodson's excuses for the season being validated by Stu

5 straight wins since X came back. Maybe there’s some room for nuance in there. 

1 minute ago, Hovadipo said:

5 straight wins since X came back. Maybe there’s some room for nuance in there. 

Mehhhh...maybe. He hasn't been great. Tonight he was very solid...no doubt. His defense is undeniable.

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

The sad thing is that it took the staff half the year to realize the value of Leal's experience and understanding of the rotations.  He's a good player to bring in off the bench.  Who knows what our ratings would be if Leal had played more earlier in the year.  

That and if the hockey substitutions would have been done away with sooner. The metrics probably wouldn’t hate us so much.

6 hours ago, rcbowla said:

Well… since Woody said not having X was a huge problem and since X’s return we’ve won five straight games?

Woody’s take doesn’t seem so much like an excuse. It seems more like an accurate explanation.