Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Maryland - Sunday, 03.03.24 @ 2:00 on CBS-TV

2 minutes ago, Adillac said:

The delay game strategy coupled with bad shots is such a bad way to go after playing dynamic smart bball. 

Yup. He pulled the plug too early. They were completely on their heels. And you don’t have a Young  who can just go get a look. 

3 minutes ago, Adillac said:

The delay game strategy coupled with bad shots is such a bad way to go after playing dynamic smart bball. 

lol, I thought I read Delray. Thought, Delray Brooks??  Was super confused

Is it just my imagination or do these announcers seem disappointed that Indiana is going to win this game?
It's save woodsons job so probably

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

We let them back in when we started playing not to lose.

Stay AGGRESSIVE!!

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Playing not to lose instead of continuing to attack, bad coaching call

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Yup. He pulled the plug too early. They were completely on their heels. And you don’t have a Young  who can just go get a look. 

In some ways today has validated Woody’s continued lament that X would’ve changed this team. Maryland’s not great but they’re top 50 Kenpom, this is a genuinely good win.

But with X healthy all year this is, what, a 7-10 seed? And that’s setting aside the other issues, whether banking on X’s health, roster construction, etc.

That’s not really the thing Woody promised from the start.

Then you get to game management stuff like this…

I think he probably saved his job today. And look, Gallo/Leal/Newton/Leal/MM/Reneau/McNeeley plus some guard transfers is intriguing! But long-term…?