Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 2/10 8 pm on Fox

1 minute ago, cappymo14 said:

I just can’t understand how someone on the staff hasn’t put a stop to his 6’ drift release.  It’s an auto-miss.  He’s never made 1 shot, ever, when drifting violently to his left.  

Woodson’s staff is worthless.

13 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I predict embarrassment. I think our guys will fight hard for most of the half only to realize we can’t compete. Curl up, lose by 20-25. All the negative chatter returns. This is what I honestly expect.

This is also why I’m ready to move along but realize we as a program are between a rock and a hard place.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Predictable 

Just now, DChoosier said:

I respectfully disagree.

Cupps is the prototypical 4 year, don't do much for 2 years, Wisconsin type of player that many claim they want in order to build a foundation.

In a perfect world X would have somehow consistently been the X of his 7-8 game run during one solitary season, while  we would have also had quality portal guards that dictated Cupps only playing 5 minutes a game this year.

He is a freshman, that was not slated to be an instant star, that is a victim of the roster construction.

Thanks to Uncle Woody! 

I respectfully disagree.
Cupps is the prototypical 4 year, don't do much for 2 years, Wisconsin type of player that many claim they want in order to build a foundation.

In a perfect world X would have somehow consistently been the X of his 7-8 game run during one solitary season, while  we would have also had quality portal guards that dictated Cupps only playing 5 minutes a game this year.
 He is a freshman, that was not slated to be an instant star, that is a victim of the roster construction.

I am comparing him to Smith who was in a similar situation and the difference even last year for smith was night and day to cupps. Now he can probably be decent in a few years but no way he should be ths starting point guard next year

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Sparks.  Ware and Reneau both pick up one and Sparks comes in to play Edey and picks up 2 in 10 seconds.

For the record, when the question was asked which IU would player would have two fouls first, I picked Sparks.  And I believe he did and it played out exactly how I said it would.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Obviously were totally outplayed.

But the Big Ten still shows its officiating issues.  In the last 8 games, Zach Edey has shot 101 free throws.  Purdue will run into a game in the tournament where he isn't going to get that kind of treatment.

Hopefully it will be vs another 16 seed...

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I am comparing him to Smith who was in a similar situation and the difference even last year for smith was night and day to cupps. Now he can probably be decent in a few years but no way he should be ths starting point guard next year

Starting PG next year? I literally said we shouldn’t expect  much from him his first 2 years.

The thing about saying that Cupps was just put into a bad position where he's playing big minutes because X is injured......

1.  X was coming off a major injury so a viable option had to be in place.

2.  Even if X were healthy, IU's roster construction would have entered the season as the primary backup options behind X and Galloway.  That's not good roster construction when you are counting on a freshman not expected to contribute big right away and a sophomore who had a horrible freshman year to be expected to give you decent minutes.  They should have been options for the backup spots, not THE options for the backup spots.

20 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Stunning how bad cupps is

I agree!  He passed up an open 3 point shot in order to take a 2 point shot where he’s off balance and drifts to the left.  He brings nothing on both sides of the ball.  

Walker has seemed to have gotten worse as the season has gone on.

Gunn showed a little life, maybe this game can get him going.