Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

POTFB 2/10 8 pm on Fox

12 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

"Getting rid of Matta" was an educated guess on my part... mainly because Woodson did not have the authority/power to dismiss him. But Woodson did choose to kick Fife to the curb... and given his continued arrogance and resistance to the helps that Dolson set up for him, it's not a major leap to see Woodson stonewalling any help that Matta tried to offer... Matta was put in place by Dolson as a help and guard rail for a has-been mediocre coach who had never done the college gig before... 

Matta got an opportunity to run his own program (vs babysitting Woodson) and took it.

Matta said last week on Dakich that his year at IU was one of the best years in his coaching career. 

Also Matta said at a tailgate the year he was here that he has a handicap tag on his car, do you think IU would ever hire me? 

On 2/11/2024 at 5:05 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Braden Smith, from yesterday's presser ... 

"Honestly, I was really surprised how I got to the rim a couple times just with no defense ... It felt really weird to me, but you just take what they give you." 

But if you watched the film session, he got to the rim so easily because he had Edey, who is virtually impossible to get around, and Gillis setting a double screen.  We didn’t recognize because it looked like something they haven’t seen all year, and the back line guy never rotated over.  He got to the rim because Turdue sets good quality screens and it was a double screen.  Just watch the film session on ITH and you will see.  

I have a novel idea, wouldn’t it be great if we set some screens to free our shooters?

4 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

But if you watched the film session, he got to the rim so easily because he had Edey, who is virtually impossible to get around, and Gillis setting a double screen.  We didn’t recognize because it looked like something they haven’t seen all year, and the back line guy never rotated over.  He got to the rim because Turdue sets good quality screens and it was a double screen.  Just watch the film session on ITH and you will see.  

I have a novel idea, wouldn’t it be great if we set some screens to free our shooters?

Oh heavens ... a DOUBLE screen!!

Oh my goodness gracious ... all is forgiven and now I can see why no group of mere mortals should have anticipated nor been able to process an in-game response.

I Do Declare, I Do! GIF - I Do Declare I Do Declare I Do Vivien Leigh GIFs

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Oh heavens ... a DOUBLE screen!!

Oh my goodness gracious ... all is forgiven and now I can see why no group of mere mortals should have anticipated nor been able to process an in-game response.

I Do Declare, I Do! GIF - I Do Declare I Do Declare I Do Vivien Leigh GIFs

The ole 'Picket Fence'.  Whoa!  Would never have thought of that.  So very original.

Actually, it was more like the IU defense was doing 'The Wave'.   Timed perfectly to let Smith get to the rim. Probably practiced it lots.  Choreographed...

For a couple of them it may merely have been the matador defense.  Ole! 

Maybe not.  I'm not going back to review any darned win by other teams in Indiana that are up near Laffy ette.