Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hoosier Hysterics had him on their podcast. He was only supposed to be on for 40 minutes but it went on for over an hour. He talked Cigs hiring, facilities, Woodson 3rd season, and the re-signing of Adidas. I don't know if it's open to the public yet but they usually open it up. Probably by tomorrow

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/hoosier-hysterics-podcast-scott-dolson-231201305/

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

As long as Woodson donor buddies continue to give him top 5 nil money they won't move on. NIL will make sure donors have lots of say in the program. I mean dolson can't force him out if donors decide to pull funds.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

time to play those billion $$$ Power Ball Drawings   :)  

22 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Everyone else has noticed.  Woodson is going to have to truly deliver this year.

That's why I'm still not very excited about next season despite having a lot more talent: I just didn't believe Woodson is a very good coach, I don't think he learned, and I think he's too stubborn to change the type of lineups he'll put on the floor and how the offense is run. 

I guess we'll see when the season starts but I won't be surprised if this team underperforms its talent level.

I agree with the recent posts here, all the pressure is on Woodson now. There’s talent there on paper, it’s time for him and the staff to produce a further run than a first round NCAA. 

Dolson made it seem like he wants Big Ten championships and deep NCAA runs. I personally could care less of a Big Ten championship. It’s a Sweet 16 or bust for this program next year. 

The seat just got hotter with MW in my opinion.  He now has to show he can coach this talent and if they under-perform, he could be out faster than you can say fired!
He also got a very favorable big schedule. Really should go like 16-4..The heat will be on to deliver not go 21-13 overall.

38 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He also got a very favorable big schedule. Really should go like 16-4..The heat will be on to deliver not go 21-13 overall.

Maybe Woodson will have the team playing as well as (or better than) the sum of its parts for the 1st time since he's been here. Probably not.

11 hours ago, go iu bb said:

That's why I'm still not very excited about next season despite having a lot more talent: I just didn't believe Woodson is a very good coach, I don't think he learned, and I think he's too stubborn to change the type of lineups he'll put on the floor and how the offense is run. 

I guess we'll see when the season starts but I won't be surprised if this team underperforms its talent level.

I’m excited simply because I want to see if he does indeed adjust the types of lineups he puts on the floor. Would I bet on that happening? No.

On a side note the 3 guys on the podcast didn’t mention Tucker and he gets less mentions from posters than any 5 star I can recall. Almost kind of odd. Going to be interesting to see what he can do.

4 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I’m excited simply because I want to see if he does indeed adjust the types of lineups he puts on the floor. Would I bet on that happening? No.

On a side note the 3 guys on the podcast didn’t mention Tucker and he gets less mentions from posters than any 5 star I can recall. Almost kind of odd. Going to be interesting to see what he can do.

Yeah, the lack of hype over Tucker is something the found myself getting excited about. And I say that because normally we’d be expecting a 5-star to come in and have to be a major contributor for the season to go well, but we’ve brought in so much talent that it doesn’t seem like a requirement. He may be the 7th or 8th guy on this team at the start of the year, that’s crazy.

Yeah, the lack of hype over Tucker is something the found myself getting excited about. And I say that because normally we’d be expecting a 5-star to come in and have to be a major contributor for the season to go well, but we’ve brought in so much talent that it doesn’t seem like a requirement. He may be the 7th or 8th guy on this team at the start of the year, that’s crazy.
Somebody said Woodson won the offseason with an A+. I wonder if we are allowed to then expect him to win 25 game plus or is the expectation of doing his job like 20 wins still.

Maybe Woodson will have the team playing as well as (or better than) the sum of its parts for the 1st time since he's been here. Probably not.
If this team doesn't go like 27-8 it's an underachievemet based on the roster.

5 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Somebody said Woodson won the offseason with an A+. I wonder if we are allowed to then expect him to win 25 game plus or is the expectation of doing his job like 20 wins still.

You can set your own benchmarks and expectations my guy. You don't need our approval. I'm sure whatever they are, you will ultimately move the goal posts just like you have this entire thread. 

19 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

It’s a free  message board you or any other poster is allowed to expect whatever win total you want.