Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

My career is doing just fine, but thank you so much for your concern :)

Mike Woodson played 11 seasons, not 14 seasons, and he only played 15 games his last season. Please tell us what he did during those 11 seasons to warrant the arrogance he’s displayed over the past year as IU’s coach. He was a journeyman player, he was a journeyman coach, but he walks around like he was LeBron on the court and Phil Jackson on the sideline. 

Really don’t care about how he acts. Not sure why it bothers some of you guys. Doesn’t affect you. Can’t do anything about it. 

If his actions have materially impacted your life, please share how 

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Really don’t care about how he acts. Not sure why it bothers some of you guys. Doesn’t affect you. Can’t do anything about it. 

That’s fine. You don’t have to care about how he acts. Some of us do care about the way the head coach of our favorite college team behaves. Why does that bother you so much? We don’t all have to agree with you. 

3 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

They don't like it, but CMW's winning percentage is the 3rd best of any IU coach over the last 60 yrs. Salt, meet wound.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

So successful! And as he has told us, he has done his job. Had us right there with powerhouses like Richmond, Yale, and Umass.

IMG_8328.png

1 hour ago, steubenhoosier said:

ME apologist!

So if Mike Woodson’s Indiana Hoosiers win 25+ games this coming season the narrative apparently is going to be “At age 64 he learned how to coach.”

Roster construction matters. This coming team, full of players that given many schools’ similar NIL offers, chose to play for Mike Woodson, seems to have much better potential. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

So if Mike Woodson’s Indiana Hoosiers win 25+ games this coming season the narrative apparently is going to be “At age 64 he learned how to coach.”

Roster construction matters. This coming team, full of players that given many schools’ similar NIL offers, chose to play for Mike Woodson, seems to have much better potential. 

MW apologist!

Third best win % doesn’t seem accurate but it wouldn’t surprise me we have some stoked about that while we’ve been dogshit for the better part of two decades and had one coach for nearly three decades of that. We’re attempting to polish that turd as best we can. Along with that outstanding winning % he’s tied for last in Big Ten regular season championships and national titles.

22 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

MW apologist!

It’s a legit question. I truly believe that if the coming season doesn’t go well (along the lines of the season we just had) Woodson will be done.

But if the season goes very well, does that mean that that Woody all of the sudden learned to coach, or that we constructed a roster built to win?

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It’s a legit question. I truly believe that if the coming season doesn’t go well (along the lines of the season we just had) Woodson will be done.

But if the season goes very well, does that mean that that Woody all of the sudden learned to coach, or that we constructed a roster built to win?

Yes it is but to me, this is about his poor behavior this past year!  I was all for the hiring of MW at the time but this past year has greatly soured me on him.  BK was an a** and I didn’t support his behavior but 3 National Championships, great graduation rate, and the support & dollars he gave to the university, I was willing to look the other way.  MW hasn’t done anything close to those standards but he acts like he has and his behavior this past year represented that, IMO.  

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Yes it is but to me, this is about his poor behavior this past year!  I was all for the hiring of MW at the time but this past year has greatly soured me on him.  BK was an a** and I didn’t support his behavior but 3 National Championships, great graduation rate, and the support & dollars he gave to the university, I was willing to look the other way.  MW hasn’t done anything close to those standards but he acts like he has and his behavior this past year represented that, IMO.  

Fair enough!

Winning will cure those issues 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

It won’t mean that Woodson has learned how to coach. Daddy bought him a brand new Lamborghini and gave Mikey the keys. Does anyone really expect him to not wrap it around a tree?

With an NIL bankroll of $6M (+), he’s got the team. Most P4 coaches should be able to get past the first week of the NCAAT.

It’s still not clear that Woodson is “most P4 coaches”.

But he’s all set up now. It’s time to sink or swim. He’s known as Mediocre Mike for a reason.

41 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Fair enough!

Winning will cure those issues 

It’s going take a ton of winning, B10 championship, minimum 4 seed, and at least an elite 8 appearance but it may take a FF4 appearance for most of us.  Anything short of that, it will take an apology, which won’t happen, or him being fired.  His behavior was unprofessional, IMO.  It struck be as extreme defensiveness and somebody who thinks he’s entitled because of playing for IU, NBA and coaching in the NBA. IMO, That doesn’t give you a free pass to behave like that.  Most everyone answers to someone.  It seems as most of the people who were stating the same thing many of us have in this thread, have turned the other cheek just because he’s assembled a great transfer portal class but what he did and said is borderline unforgivable and very unprofessional.  How much winning will cure most of us that feel this way, well I can’t speak for them but I stated it above for me.

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It won’t mean that Woodson has learned how to coach. Daddy bought a brand new Lamborghini and gave Miley the keys. Does anyone really expect him to not wrap it around a tree?

With an NIL bankroll of $6M (+), he’s got the team. Most P4 coaches should be able to get past the first week of the NCAAT.

It’s still not clear that Woodson is “most P4 coaches”.

But he’s all set up now. It’s time to sink or swim. He’s known as Mediocre Mike for a reason.

Couldn’t have said it better myself