Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 hours ago, IUHoosier5 said:

It is a WILL. The embodiment of A TEAM to go out there AND WIN. A TEAM CANNOT BE COMPLETE WITHOUT COMPETING. IT IS THE WILL TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN. 

Why are you shouting?

25 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It actually took those true fans calling them out to get them to play harder and for Woodson to coach harder.  It should have never came to if Woodson was doing his job correctly 

Ah, so the true fans are the ones who are responsible for us wanting to win and closing out the season strong.... I thought it was the players...

27 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It actually took those true fans calling them out to get them to play harder and for Woodson to coach harder.  It should have never came to if Woodson was doing his job correctly 

This right here. This same team that has rolled off 4 straight W’s was equally lazy and disjointed for the majority of the season. This same coach that just lashed out at this less than true fans is the same coach that had it on “mail in” mode for the majority of the season. If it took us “true fans” to piss them all off, then so be it. We’ve done our jobs, now they need to go do theirs.

This coach is paid $4 million for results, not lame @$$ excuses. These kids are paid $$$ now days to play ball. Isn’t about school anymore, isn’t about education anymore. It’s semi-pro sports. They need to grow some rhinoceros hide, sack up, and learn to take it. Best lesson for Woody and all to learn is they got called out by the “TRUE” fans, the ones that know IU basketball and won’t stand for anything less. They’re just pissed off that we called them out on it. We’ll keep calling them out on it too.

Now go earn your pay gentlemen. True fans are watching you.

1 minute ago, codesbane said:

Ah, so the true fans are the ones who are responsible for us wanting to win and closing out the season strong.... I thought it was the players...

I think it was the fans who lit a fire under Dolson to have a talk with Woodson about his lack of recruiting. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave the staff and players and edge to prove ppl wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I think it was the fans who lit a fire under Dolson to have a talk with Woodson about his lack of recruiting. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it gave the staff and players and edge to prove ppl wrong. 

You can think what you want, but I'll keep on thinking that a bunch of angry people on a message board had very little to do with how much these kids want to win.

14 hours ago, iu eyedoc said:

Woody needs to tell MSU the game is played inside out. The are hitting all these 3's but they are doing it wrong.

You mean the MSU team that just went 8-25 for 32% from three? 

Enough of this fan banter.  Indiana is a top 5 revenue basketball program.  This is directly attributable to its large fan base.  When is the last time Indiana was considered a top 5 basketball program?  I'd say probably 20+ years ago, maybe 30.  So until the results line up with the following and revenue generated by the fan base, there will continue to be loud disappointment with mediocre (at best) results.  

5 minutes ago, True Fan said:

You can think what you want, but I'll keep on thinking that a bunch of angry people on a message board had very little to do with how much these kids want to win.

Crean talked about having an edge when his teams played. Maybe they watched old Crean videos.  

2 hours ago, IndianaSconnie90 said:

These kids opened themselves up to legit criticism when A.) They chose to attend a basketball hungry university like IU and B.) They began getting paid.

I don't remember anybody questioning the character of specifically Leal and Galloway on here. If anything, those 2 have been shown love, deserved or not, more than any player on that roster. Of course all of this is moot if most players beyond Leal and Galloway head for the exit 

That’s the thing.  When the rumor hit about Galloway leaving, my response was he did his four years and should leave for greener pastures.  But I’m no a true fan, so there’s that.  

1 minute ago, Feathery said:

Ok. Clearly Woodsons comments last night show he has an edge to him. Should have been there all season. And that did come from the fans. The players didn’t get Dolson to talk to Woodson about recruiting. The players also made comments in support of their coach. They know he is under fire from the fans. That gives the the edge. Crean talked about having an edge when his teams played. Maybe they watched old Crean videos.  

You dummy. This team was great all year! If you were a real fan you could have seen through the nonsense posted on the message boards.

1 minute ago, Five Prime said:

Enough of this fan banter.  Indiana is a top 5 revenue basketball program.  This is directly attributable to its large fan base.  When is the last time Indiana was considered a top 5 basketball program?  I'd say probably 20+ years ago, maybe 30.  So until the results line up with the following and revenue generated by the fan base, there will continue to be loud disappointment with mediocre (at best) results.  

And I'll add:  

There are only 2 ways the results can eventually line up with the money; 1) Indiana basketball program becomes a top 5ish program again or 2) fan interest wanes and subsequently revenu decreases.  Current trajectory has #2 as more likely. 

Ok. Clearly Woodsons comments last night show he has an edge to him. Should have been there all season. And that did come from the fans. The players didn’t get Dolson to talk to Woodson about recruiting. The players also made comments in support of their coach. They know he is under fire from the fans. That gives the the edge. Crean talked about having an edge when his teams played. Maybe they watched old Crean videos.  

Like I said, you can think what you want.

BUT

I'll keep thinking that Ware, Mack, and Reneau carried us again. I'll also keep thinking (like Izzo) that Woodson got that Ware motor going, instead of thinking that he is playing hard because of the "true fans"

55 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I really want Dolson to shock the world so bad. That senior day speech made it appear that won’t be the case and it is what it is I guess and I’ll just hope for the best,  but I agree with others that I don’t get how there were just “sourced” reports and nothing concrete from Dolson or anyone else with actual quotes saying he’s gonna be back. Is it really just a matter of his contract says he’ll be back so there’s no need to say it? Even still, I see no harm in actually saying so themselves to prove it if that’s the case. Must be the “can’t stand Woody at all anymore” in me. 

If you listen to kathy c, Dolson is powerless to do anything here.  I wouldn’t be blaming him. All he’s got is lipstick to try to put on this pig.  

I think one of the things I find most troublesome about Woody's tenure is -- if true -- his utter disgrard for the other programs within the university. Particulary the assertion that he thinks that women's basketball is far beneath him. Didn't he steal a play from CTM last season? 

And hell, Tom Crean went to a women's game AFTER he had been fired. There should be a lot more that goes into a $4.2M salary than showing up at practices and games. 

13 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nonsense.

Dougherty t inherited a Final Four team, and in his first year he was 26-7 and made the round of 32.

His second year was an unmitigated disaster; 8-20.

His third year sucked too, and there was an open player revolt against Dougherty.

Comparing Woodson and IU to Dougherty and that era of UNC is laughable, ridiculous, and insults the intelligence of anyone who sees the facts.

Just stop.

The problem is you are arguing with a one-trick- pony who only knows how to ***** about anything.

Just now, True Fan said:

Like I said, you can think what you want.

BUT

I'll keep thinking that Ware, Mack, and Reneau carried us again. I'll also keep thinking (like Izzo) that Woodson got that Ware motor going, instead of thinking that he is playing hard because of the "true fans"

Clearly you never played sports or went to IU.  Or things are just different since you went to school at IU. You’re looking at things linear. It’s much more complex than that. You don’t understand how the inner workings of the Iu culture works. 

Clearly you never played sports or went to IU.  Or things are just different since you went to school at IU. You’re looking at things linear. It’s much more complex than that. You don’t understand how the inner workings of the Iu culture works. 

Clearly you don't know me.