Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

31 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So I am too lazy to go look, but the 5 star guy we had on campus this week, wouldn't he be a wing or 3?  It seemed when I glanced over his stuff when it was announced that he would be someone competing with MM's out of position position.  I don't see how we add him without making someone unhappy, unless we plan on making him our 2 guard in which case:

"You would like to see Bryson’s jump shot to become more consistent. He is really good in the mid-range, one to two dribble pull ups from the elbows. An explosive athlete, he is good in transition. He has a great work ethic and is one to continue watching as a five-star."

That doesn't sound like the type of player that is going to move the needle towards "modern basketball".  I know people will say that JHS and TJD in the pick and roll and this kid could play the JHS role in that scenario but I don't know.  I think Woodson has himself in a pickle with his roster.  His 2 best players cause roster problems when trying to build around them.

And that is before you start talking about that we need a PG that can create off the dribble and a shooting guard that can actually shoot the basketball. The roster is so flawed with MR, MM, TG and to a lesser extent Cupps I honestly do not know how this gets pieced together. One would have to assume given Woody's history MR, MM and TG are locked into some combination of 5/4/3/2 as starter minutes.. Much in the same way TJD did, Ware hid a lot of the warts in Woody's offense (even though they were clearly visible). Adding a dude that is a mid range threat, even one as seemingly talented as this one simply allows defenses to sag and crowd the paint and extended foul line-- which has been the read on beating Mike Woodson's offense for 90 games. In a vacuum it can work sometimes when it shouldn't (JHS going unconscious from 2 at PU), but throw in the confusing defensive scheme that can only really be effective with freak athletes at every position and length to boot and it is a recipe to not win many games in CBB. You didn't have to be a basketball savant to see that even with TJD and JHS we were heading in this direction without major stylistic and roster changes. 

24 minutes ago, Trish said:

Gosh, once Woodson is fired next spring I'm worried the list of candidates won't be that appealing. I mean OSU, Louisville, and even Michigan didn't make too splashy of a hire.

I'm rooting the best for Dusty at Michigan. 

It really was about as uninspiring result as possible.   Dusty to Michigan is really interesting.  Diebler won't intimidate but he's probably decent.  And Louisville struck-out kind of but you never know how its going to work out.  They can't be worse.

When are we adding a coach or whatever it is we are doing?

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Don't worry, NGW says we got this on lock.  Woodson is just brilliant and we are morons and this is all just a genius working the process.

I cannot wait until November to see this brilliant new approach to basketball that Mike Woodson is working this offseason.  We should be Big Ten favorites with our Top 5 salary and our ability to completely outbid people by not having money tied up in high schoolers.  Expect to win the event in the Bahamas to start the year.

These dumbasses pull this **** every summer.  By the bar they are setting, anything less than 25 wins and the Sweet 16 should be viewed as a failure.

What was NGW skill level again or did he never divulge that info?  

3 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I've seen a few tweets that seem to indirectly reference you in pretty disparaging ways. Not with your username that I've seen (easily could have missed that because just saw the account yesterday for the first time). 

To say he's gone fully off the deep end is a complete and total understatement. Big yikes. 

Chris you might need a bodyguard.

image.jpeg.65123dc24d145998c1204b0645e76979.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Well it kind of would give away his identity if he let it slip that he was drafted by the Knicks in 1980 and then played for a handful of other teams over the next decade.. 

If the W stood for Woodson that would make a lot of sense. He was always quick to defend Woodson's mess.

Well it kind of would give away his identity if he let it slip that he was drafted by the Knicks in 1980 and then played for a handful of other teams over the next decade.. 
He was simply asked what level. If he said nba or division 1 college nobody could figure out who it is. Odds of guessing right may be like hitting PowerBall 5 times in a row

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I think 7.7 but I'm not totally sure about that. 

So total up next year salary and buyout still $12,000,000 which is this year buyout with 0 recruits coming in gosh we are dumb.

WTF THE INSANITY 

signed 

Untrue Fan

1 minute ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

So total up next year salary and buyout still $12,000,000 which is this year buyout with 0 recruits coming in gosh we are dumb.

WTF THE INSANITY 

signed 

Untrue Fan

He got his feelings hurt when Miller was hired though.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

He got his feelings hurt when Miller was hired though.

And having seen what we've seen, I'd hire Miller in a heartbeat, just to hurt Woodson's feelings again. He doesn't deserve the gig, should never have gotten the gig and, oh yeah:

FIRE MIKE WOODSON

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I wanted to check Tyme out on twitter because I have never seen him before. I'm blocked. Not sure how I'm blocked from someone I've never even seen on there before. It has to be NGW. I love it Woodson is playing chess while all the other coaches are playing checkers. 

NGW must stand for something creative. Something like... Never Gonna Win, Nearly Geriatric Woodson, Not Gonna Work, Neglected Game Woodson, Notably Grimacing Woodson, or my favorite - Not Great, Woodson. And TYME of course is shorthand for Time You Moved Elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Silat Player said:

This is no different than the sunshine pumpers who got positively giddy during the meaningless end of season winning streak.

No, winning a few games against bad teams after the team had been eliminated from NCAA tournament contention did not mean that Mike Woodsen was a good coach. LOL

Oh that streak had lots of meaning to it.  The stupid streak kept Woody here IMO which has terrible meaning for the future :( 

I'm going to blame Ware for it since he pretty much went off during that streak.  LCS will tell you Leah The Chill was the reason since he hit his perfect target minutes per game LOL. 

I wish Dolson would publicly set expectations for this next year.  This is Woodson's 4th year. Imo, we need to be top 4 in the new 18 team Big Ten, in the Big Ten Tournament semis, and a Sweet 16 appearance.  Anything short of that will be unsatisfactory in my opinion considering all the money that our NILs are spending (or willing to spend) on a roster.  

8 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

WTF THE INSANITY 

signed 

Untrue Fan

The buyout next year is just a million dollars.  Granted it will be for 8 more years, but still just 1 million next year.  I'm sure there's a wealthy alum that likes winning basketball more than wine and cigars that would pony up that amount. 

7 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

And having seen what we've seen, I'd hire Miller in a heartbeat, just to hurt Woodson's feelings again. He doesn't deserve the gig, should never have gotten the gig and, oh yeah:

FIRE MIKE WOODSON

Who would've guessed that we'd only get coaches worse than Crean. Miller can't win away from Dayton, and Woodson's only "qualifications" was that he played here over 40 years ago.

The administration would almost have to try to be as inept as they've been the last 25 years.