Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 hour ago, BlueDevil said:

Absolutely baffling and laughable they are going to choose to run it back with this poop show when you have a hot commodity one of your own who is going to have his pick of jobs at the end of the season.

There's a reason IU's last 25 years have been IU's last 25 years.

Nebraska with 51 pts at half vs. Illinois. Our narcissist coach will now say “see, the Cornshuckers are just hot, there’s nothing wrong with Mike Woodson.”

23 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

Normally, I would be worried about who might transfer or leave, but I don't see why it will matter if Woodson is back. His offense just won't cut it even if he brings in a top portal class. 

As for Woodson, I would be ok giving him another year if he was 20 years younger. Even if he kills it next year (and we all know he won't), how much longer could he possibly be here? At least if he was younger, I'd understand giving him a shot (i.e. Archie). 

Well, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfection75) (if that even is your real name), I think you meant to make this post from your primary account. Not a very QB thing to say. :)

31 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

Normally, I would be worried about who might transfer or leave, but I don't see why it will matter if Woodson is back. His offense just won't cut it even if he brings in a top portal class. 

As for Woodson, I would be ok giving him another year if he was 20 years younger. Even if he kills it next year (and we all know he won't), how much longer could he possibly be here? At least if he was younger, I'd understand giving him a shot (i.e. Archie). 

Who are you and what have you done with the real Quinn Buckner?

43 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

There's a reason IU's last 25 years have been IU's last 25 years.

I’m probably in the small minority when I say this and I realize what happened but I think Indiana got the Sampson hire correct and had all the BS not happened I have no doubt #6 would be hanging in the rafters by now. Makes you sick to think about.

3 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I’m probably in the small minority when I say this and I realize what happened but I think Indiana got the Sampson hire correct and had all the BS not happened I have no doubt #6 would be hanging in the rafters by now. Makes you sick to think about.

Reportedly, our AD at the time (Greenspan) wanted to hire John Beilein from WVU, but IU's president at the time (Adam Herbert) wanted a minority coach, so we got Sampson instead. Even when we actually hired a good coach, it was the result of someone pushing an agenda. 

43 minutes ago, QuinnB(BOT)(Perfectin76) said:

You okay partner? You don’t sound too good.

I agree we would have one maybe two under sampson. Woodson is going to go buy a roster but we hear about how horrible Sampson was makes my laugh. Those same people have no issue buying players.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Probably #6 and # 7.

1 hour ago, Hornsby said:

Man is next year going to get ugly. Woodson has no idea how bad it will get. I bet he becomes unhinged as the beat downs pile up and the fans all turn on him

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

If we go to the Bahamas and get embarrassed the way we did against every good team other than Kansas (who has the most losses under Self) his seat is gonna go from hot to Nuclear. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Our rumors to me is he’ll be back. I don’t like coming here and saying that so I’m trying to stay busy.

Thanks Chris. 7 months and change until we can really fire it back up - gloomy day for the untrue IU fans

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Our rumors to me is he’ll be back. I don’t like coming here and saying that so I’m trying to stay busy.

And our own guy has his pick of massive P4 open jobs. I do appreciate you looking out for our collective mental health by keeping the pro woody rumors to a minimum lol

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Then lie to us and just tell us what we want to hear