Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

11 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

Just watched Dusty May’s introductory press conference. IU is getting ready to find out just how badly they screwed up by letting politics trump competence. About done with IU unless they can figure how who they want to be. Or, maybe they already have…

That was hard to watch. Of course working for RMK came up. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I should share this or not but the feedback IU is getting from the portal so far, from kids who should be a layup for IU is not going well. When a player's camp tells you that you need to change your offense and pay them a lot of money to get them it's not good. 

We might really have to get kids from the Hyper to field a team. It’s going to be miserable. If I was hearing this I would FIRE WOODY. 

17 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

Just watched Dusty May’s introductory press conference. IU is getting ready to find out just how badly they screwed up by letting politics trump competence. About done with IU unless they can figure how who they want to be. Or, maybe they already have…

Didn't see it -- but I wouldn't get too worked up over a presser introducing a coach. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Not sure if I should share this or not but the feedback IU is getting from the portal so far, from kids who should be a layup for IU is not going well. When a player's camp tells you that you need to change your offense and pay them a lot of money to get them it's not good. 

That was why i suggested, hoped, that Dolson got a list of targets from MW so he can track the needed results vs the actual results.  

1 hour ago, cleeter said:

I prefer you keep posting what you hear. In this ever evolving world, things can change at the blink of an eye, drop of a hat, etc. You post what you hear. Whether people take as gospel on them. It’s called rumors or “what I’ve heard” Everyone thinks Trilly is gospel. He got Dusty May wrong (as did everyone) but that happens. Rabby is very careful and still gets things wrong too. It is what it is. Unless you hear it directly from the decision makers mouth, it could he wrong. Either way, I love when anyone posts what they hear. Do I put more weight into something specific posters say, yes. But will I ever hold any one accountable for saying what they are currently hearing. No. So thank you Chris and thank you to everyone who posts what they hear and everyone that keeps this board going and severely depletes my ability to ever stay on task at work. Now…back to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^
This 100%
I heard IU hired Brad “FING” Stevens and then I woke up.

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Even with the pay differential, do kids really care these days?  It's all about work-life balance these days.  We have all had crappy jobs that overpaid us -- and we where still miserable.  Basketball is supposed to be fun.  I'd go where the fun is, even though it may mean a "pay cut."

Heck no it’s only for a few years make hay while the sun is shining. If Leal gets paid what he got paid last year even without next year pay bump why take 80 to 90% less to play for a mid major.

22 minutes ago, tyappleg said:

Rick has offically stopped giving a **** about what Mike Woodson thinks.  This is his 2nd tweet attacking Woodson in the last couple days.  

Yeah the local media and Woody have an unsalvageable relationship it appears.  It's really a shame to see it.  Woody certainly hasn't helped himself with the media.  Either local or national.  

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Lord. Print this and hand deliver it to Dolson, Chris.

46 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Didn't see it -- but I wouldn't get too worked up over a presser introducing a coach. 

If you think that is the trigger, then you don’t get it. 

lol…could be an awesome photoshop.

I would have photoshopped it, and I wanted too, but my skills are at a zero and don’t even know where to begin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

If you think that is the trigger, then you don’t get it. 

Oh, I get it. But about 95% of coaches win the presser. 

He could be the next John Beilein -- or the next Archie Miller. Nobody knows for sure. Most everybody says the right thing at introductory pressers.