Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Just now, HoosierMoore said:

Crean as Offensive coordinator....Beilein's Defensive guy Donlon as Defensive Coordinator.  Woody and Armond head of napping.

I think the official name might be Load Management Staff. Or possibly Load Management Managers. 

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

I haven't reached the apathy stage with IU basketball yet, but I know IU alums and fans that have.  I'm still in the anger phase.  The wealthy Woodson supporters may buy him a tournament team for next year, but I know that we will underperform no matter what talent is on the roster.  My days of enjoying and being proud of IU basketball are most likely on hold until a new coach is hired.  

I hear you, and I am right on the edge.

I disagree with many on here. I want a coach who is young and hungry. Someone who has enough experience that they have a plan, but comes in with a chip on their shoulder. Someone who wants to prove they belong.

Never really got that from Archie. I think he thought he was smarter than everyone. Certainly not getting that from Woody. He's happy with the job Mike Woodson is doing. 

14 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

A sweet 16 run would be a great way to send Woodson into retirement. Under no circumstances should he be brought back after next year, imo. Either he stinks and gets fired, or he saves his IU legacy by doing well and then retires. 

Lol - I'll bite.

It's not likely for Woodson/IU, or for any team, but are you saying that if IU went to the Final Four next season you would still want Woodson fired? If we won the National Championship next season you would not want him brought back?

Just now, AZ Hoosier said:

OK, I know that "senior day" was several weeks ago, but something has been gnawing at me about that whole thing.

Why were Leal and Galloway even there? If they were coming back, why "honor" them with framed jerseys and speeches? How many other Hoosiers were able to go through that twice? And to what end?

My theory: It was all a setup. Woodson and company orchestrated the whole thing just to tweak the collective noses of the "not true" Hoosier fans.

Think about it. Woodson does his "not true fans" propaganda, strutting his big old lazy @$$ ego out there and calls out the fans that are unhappy with the effort and product that he's produced. Then comes Leal and Galloway to "reveal" that they are coming back, and each gets their digs in at the "not true" fans. IMO, it was pathetic theatre for the sole purpose of giving La-Z-Boy Woodson a big, fat, undeserved "atta-boy".

Discuss.

Probably because things can change. It is weird now but others have done it. This is the last year of it I believe. 

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Lol - I'll bite.

It's not likely for Woodson/IU, or for any team, but are you saying that if IU went to the Final Four next season you would still want Woodson fired? If we won the National Championship next season you would not want him brought back?

Yes.

Obviously he would never be fired. But I 100% would want him to ‘retire.’ He’s abandoned high school recruiting to instead put all his eggs in the transfer portal bucket. Even if that works next year, there’s no foundation for subsequent years. We’d be counting on him to hit home runs in the portal every year. 

And just as important, I want a head coach I can root for. I really can’t root for Mike Woodson. Not with everything we’ve learned about his approach to this job. 

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

OK, I know that "senior day" was several weeks ago, but something has been gnawing at me about that whole thing.

Why were Leal and Galloway even there? If they were coming back, why "honor" them with framed jerseys and speeches? How many other Hoosiers were able to go through that twice? And to what end?

My theory: It was all a setup. Woodson and company orchestrated the whole thing just to tweak the collective noses of the "not true" Hoosier fans.

Think about it. Woodson does his "not true fans" propaganda, strutting his big old lazy @$$ ego out there and calls out the fans that are unhappy with the effort and product that he's produced. Then comes Leal and Galloway to "reveal" that they are coming back, and each gets their digs in at the "not true" fans. IMO, it was pathetic theatre for the sole purpose of giving La-Z-Boy Woodson a big, fat, undeserved "atta-boy".

Discuss.

I asked some friends if they thought that having them speak was a ploy/PR move that day and i have wondered ever since. I would hope that they wouldn't be asked to do that, and then would hope that they wouldn't do that....but anymore, nothing surprises me

Hey boys, we will be giving you an NIL bump next season, and maybe a little extra cheese if you do me a favor....

13 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Discuss.

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder. No doubt Woodson is capable of such a stunt. But it's pretty ballsy, even for him.

2 hours ago, Ryno6284 said:

Come check out the “hangar” at Adams Central. Not real big but it is different.

My HS. You know it's bigger than I thought. I remember looking up the largest gyms and figured AC would be at the bottom buy it's in the middle. It is old in structure and certainly unique.

12 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Probably because things can change. It is weird now but others have done it. This is the last year of it I believe. 

Yeah, things change, but a couple of weeks earlier, Trilly had Gallo all packed up and headed to South Bend. Now there's a bump in NIL, and suddenly there's no other coach that Gallo would want to play for? Kind of makes one wonder.

3 minutes ago, RoncalliHoosier said:

This is the kind of thing that makes me wonder. No doubt Woodson is capable of such a stunt. But it's pretty ballsy, even for him.

Pretty sure Race Thompson went through senior day twice. 

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Lol - I'll bite.

I'd want him to retire in his post game presser.

42 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd want him to retire in his post game presser.

Wow. If one of the greatest players in program history won the national championship as coach of the Indiana Hoosiers, you would want him to retire or be fired immediately.

Just read that. See if that makes one iota of sense to you.

2 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Are we not even changing the assistant coaches? What happened to the GM I was hearing so much about. Silly program. 

Rumor is Adam Howard is following Dusty to Michigan. Dont know if he fall under an " assistant coach" per say...but that is only rumblings i have heard.