Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

8 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly "can't say with certainty" that anyone would stay if CMW is here next year. 

They can't bring him back... can they?

Would Buckner burn it down to make his point? Seems beyond idiotic... never mind, I just answered my own question.

3 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Archie didn't have NIL or the portal nor did he inherit Trayce Jackson Davis.  Surely Quinn knows that?

He also was viewed as an up and coming coach who had success coaching college basketball before.  Not a 67 year old who will have to start from scratch after year 3. If we are fine firing him after 4, it makes no sense to not pull the plug now if you have a replacement secured. 

9 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Is this a case where Buckner has final say or can the other trustees can trump him?  Could Whitten pull rank?

Whitten has no rank over the BoT... She serves at their pleasure... and she ultimately answers to QB. At least that's how I understand it... and how it works in the "real" (non-academic) world.

34 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I have no respect for either of them anymore. If I wanna watch old tapes of champion games I will watch 1987 and 2002.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

At least those players from those teams aren’t trying to use their influence to dictate who the coach should be.  

3 minutes ago, BleedCubbieBlue said:

The board gets its power through its delegation of authority, the President has the rest of the power. The delegation dealing with coaches is as follows:

Approval of salary, increases, performance bonuses, or other forms of compensation for the President and those head coaches making more than a dollar amount designated annually in writing by the Trustees to the President;

Presumably the salary for Woodson has already been approved. Since the buyout figure for this year would actually be less than the salary, I don't think that it would require board approval. With all of that said, Bruce Pearl's buyout and salary would also not be approved. I think this may be Dolson's nuclear option. He fires Woodson and dares the board to not allow him to hire another coach.

I couldn't really follow along here. Care to break it down any further? More basic terms for dummies like me lol

Are you saying, by your reading, that Dolson could ultimately fire Woodson and do the buyout of $1 million a year on his own, with maybe just support from Whitten, because the buyout is under a certain amount? And in turn, force the BOT to approved a new HC (Pearl or another).

1 minute ago, jbeaman9 said:

I couldn't really follow along here. Care to break it down any further? More basic terms for dummies like me lol

Are you saying, by your reading, that Dolson could ultimately fire Woodson and do the buyout of $1 million a year on his own, with maybe just support from Whitten, because the buyout is under a certain amount? And in turn, force the BOT to approved a new HC (Pearl or another).

It me a second too. I think what he is saying is the first part is correct. But the second part of using the university money to buyout Pearl would have to be approved by the board since it's a certain amount of money. But someone corrects me if I'm wrong. But that is how I read it. 

20 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

Unfortunately waiting for the inevitable race card to be played 

That doesn’t work considering that would leave are both races.  That speaks more. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

It me a second too. I think what he is saying is the first part is correct. But the second part of using the university money to buyout Pearl would have to be approved by the board since it's a certain amount of money. But someone corrects me if I'm wrong. But that is how I read it. 

That is how I understood it too. Which could be big.

Rabby just posted saying he has heard from reliable and credible people on both sides of this. Some saying he's gone, others saying he will be back. 

@Chris007 this is getting a little exhausting I ain’t gonna lie with all that is going on. What is a realistic timeline in your eyes of us knowing what is actually gonna happen? I know if we move on might depend on how Pearl does in the tournament but I believe a decision would leak strongly before he even loses. So we looking at a week after season or two weeks after? What’s your opinion on us seeing some sort of resolution to this circus that is going on or a leaked decision?

Just now, jbeaman9 said:

Rabby just posted saying he has heard from reliable and credible people on both sides of this. Some saying he's gone, others saying he will be back. 

so, no clarification yet...

Meanwhile at the change.org website:

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.56.18 PM.png

Just now, HoosierKix said:

@Chris007 this is getting a little exhausting I ain’t gonna lie with all that is going on. What is a realistic timeline in your eyes of us knowing what is actually gonna happen? I know if we move on might depend on how Pearl does in the tournament but I believe a decision would leak strongly before he even loses. So we looking at a week after season or two weeks after? What’s your opinion on us seeing some sort of resolution to this circus that is going on or a leaked decision?

The season ends for us next week after losing in our first game of the BTT. Then the NCAA is announced. I would say between that week and the next week. I'm just guessing so don't hold me to it

3 minutes ago, jbeaman9 said:

We are playing ping pong!

1 minute ago, HoosierKix said:

Rabby has stated many times that this will be decided very quickly once the season is over. One way or another. I believe if Woodson is fired, the assistants can stay and do the day-to-day stuff until a new coach is announced and his staff is finalized.