Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Archie Miller Assessment Thread

9 minutes ago, btownqb said:

He kept 1 assistant Hunter, he hired Ya, right? Walsh wasn't an asst. 

Yeah i made that same point.  He kept 1 assistant and 1 staff member (Walsh) and brought in several new amongst them Fife, Cal, Ya, Thad and Hulls.  Thad and Fife left soon after but still he only kept 1 assistant.  I think that is a good idea for most new coaches if there is talent on the team you want to retain.

8 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Yeah i made that same point.  He kept 1 assistant and 1 staff member (Walsh) and brought in several new amongst them Fife, Cal, Ya, Thad and Hulls.  Thad and Fife left soon after but still he only kept 1 assistant.  I think that is a good idea for most new coaches if there is talent on the team you want to retain.

He also kept Clif Marshall

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

He also kept Clif Marshall

Good catch, that is true but, i still think it is a stretch to say he kept Archie's staff when he kept 1 asst, 1 staff and the strength guy.  There are plenty of other things to focus on.

3 minutes ago, mark1981 said:

What the chances that cmw fires some assistants this year in an attempt to turn things around?

If he is still the coach after the season then at least one assistant won't be here. Just a guess but I can see Kenny Payne taking the assistant place.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

If he is still the coach after the season then at least one assistant won't be here. Just a guess but I can see Kenny Payne taking the assistant place.

After Woodson’s comments saying “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon guys, I’m just not”, and knows he’s obviously got Quinn protecting him, do you think at this point the only way he is gone after this season is if a big donor is like “you know what screw this let’s get this guy out of here” and ponies up the cash, or do you think other things could still happen that wouldn’t take something quite as drastic? 

Just now, IUrocker said:

After Woodson’s comments saying “I’m not going anywhere anytime soon guys, I’m just not”, and knows he’s obviously got Quinn protecting him, do you think at this point the only way he is gone after this season is if a big donor is like “you know what screw this let’s get this guy out of here” and ponies up the cash, or do you think other things could still happen that wouldn’t take something quite as drastic? 

I don't really know. I keep hearing he's safe but I can't imagine if we lose out that something wouldn't happen. I'm just trying to keep hope alive 

1 minute ago, iubhounds2 said:

I went to BMV yesterday and paid $10.10 including debit card fees, to turn in my IU plate for a generic truck plate for my Toyota FJ Cruiser. I am so sick of IU right now (except their FB hire) that I put the white temporary plate on and threw the IU plate in the trash, to be picked up before I wake up tomorrow morning. "I'm not going anywhere anytime soon" tells me that he does hear what fans are saying and it is his way of flipping us the bird, just to let us know, HE knows more basketball then we have ever thought of. He couldn't coach an elementary team.

I hear you! I have plenty of IU gear and can't remember the last time I wore it. Too embarrassed to even go out in public with it on! Extreme?!?! I don't know but Men's Basketball, the former pride of the university, is an extreme mess so desperate times call for desperate measure in any way we all can! Disgusting to think of what it's become!

2 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

I hear you! I have plenty of IU gear and can't remember the last time I wore it. Too embarrassed to even go out in public with it on! Extreme?!?! I don't know but Men's Basketball, the former pride of the university, is an extreme mess so desperate times call for desperate measure in any way we all can! Disgusting to think of what it's become!

Get your stuff out of the trash.  We're a football school now.  :)   

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I don't really know. I keep hearing he's safe but I can't imagine if we lose out that something wouldn't happen. I'm just trying to keep hope alive 

Without any inside knowledge on the present situation, I think you are right. He is safe for now. The only way things change, as you have said, is if we finish the season with zero - 1 (maybe 2) more wins. I think there is just going to be so much negative momentum with each loss that at that point things could boil over, especially knowing that Queen is not coming. Tonight is a big one too, because if you can't beat a winless road team in AH, then the fanbase is about to really get vocal. 

6 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

If we only win 1-2 games to close out AND we see a lot of portal entries, and possibly a decommit  --- I think the public pressure will be too much and Buckner/Woodson will have to give up.  It's going to be a tsunami of negativity.  No way will they be able to withstand it.  

3 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

If we only win 1-2 games to close out AND we see a lot of portal entries, and possibly a decommit  --- I think the public pressure will be too much and Buckner/Woodson will have to give up.  It's going to be a tsunami of negativity.  No way will they be able to withstand it.  

It really feels like the bottom is falling out. Between all the losing (I'm expecting another tonight... at home... to Nebraska) and lack of momentum on the trail, I still think they'd need to feel an onslaught from the fans to take action. Keep writing emails ya'll. Lol.

I think McNeeley is as good as gone. 

Without any inside knowledge on the present situation, I think you are right. He is safe for now. The only way things change, as you have said, is if we finish the season with zero - 1 (maybe 2) more wins. I think there is just going to be so much negative momentum with each loss that at that point things could boil over, especially knowing that Queen is not coming. Tonight is a big one too, because if you can't beat a winless road team in AH, then the fanbase is about to really get vocal. 
If him keeping his job comes down to the fact he won a couple more games this program is even less serious then I thought.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk