Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

Mike Woodson has everything under control.  He is going to convince Caitlin Clark to enter the transfer portal instead of going pro and transfer to Indiana.

I don't know what's worse... That there are people who believe she could actually compete in men's basketball or that Mine Woodson would actually try doing it.

4 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They don't really teach defense anymore. It's more of, "how good of a 1v1 offensive player can you be?" That and kids nowadays just don't have that "dawg" in them anymore. Basketball is a hobby and not a passion. They might practice a lot, but it's empty practicing. Making themselves great for horse but not making themselves great BASKETBALL players. Seeing it really manifest in the NBA. When guys like LeBron, Curry and some others retire, the "dawg mentality" will basically be gone. It'll be glorified AAU where everyone is friends and there isn't a competitive spirit.

You think Cupps doesn’t play his tail off on defense?

29 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

It’s not a question of obligations, it’s a question of public relations. If IU were to lose out and then refuse to release McNeeley if he requested it, imo that would damage IU’s reputation even more than it already is. It would be a terrible look for a program that’s already struggling.

I can think of a lot worse things than not releasing a kid who not only pledged (but signed) a letter of intent because he had a change of heart at the 11th hour. Fully onboard with releasing a kid due to a coaching change or sanctions being imposed on a program.

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I don't know what's worse... That there are people who believe she could actually compete in men's basketball or that Mine Woodson would actually try doing it.

I bet she would lead the team in FT%…

Edited by IndyHoops

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I am new here and not familiar with you.

Well, well, well...You familiar with me?  lol  

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I can think of a lot worse things than not releasing a kid who not only pledged (but signed) a letter of intent because he had a change of heart at the 11th hour. Fully onboard with releasing a kid due to a coaching change or sanctions being imposed on a program.

You may feel that way but I strongly suspect most recruits and their parents would disagree with you 

3 minutes ago, Magisterium said:

You may feel that way but I strongly suspect most recruits and their parents would disagree with you 

If it weeds out the kids who aren’t fully committed even after they are signed and committed I can live with it.

1 minute ago, HoosierTrav said:

There’s a positivity thread. Feel free to go spread your love and positivity. This thread is about firing Mike Woodson. Sorry I hurt you. 

Hurt me?

Give me a break.

Just wondering if you really were serious or just angry 

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

If it weeds out the kids who aren’t fully committed even after they are signed and committed I can live with it.

I’m with you here. You aren’t required to sign an NLI. If you sign and decide you want out because the school you signed to sucked that season, tough s**t. Looks like you’re sitting out a year. Letting kids out of their NLI for things like that sets a dangerous precedent. 

I’ve also seen nothing to suggest Liam will want out of his NLI assuming Woody is back. Not sure where this narrative started outside of the typical panicking about the sky falling.

27 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

I am new here and not familiar with you.

Do you post from a position of knowing something, or are these just your opinions?

Similar name on other boards?  I know I have seen that or a similar name.  

4 minutes ago, Willkie71 said:

This is not the Mike Woodson I remember.  I graduated the year before RMK was hired and enjoyed 29 years of great basketball and great players. That Mike Woodson was one of my all time favorite players. He was humble, hardworking, appreciative of the opportunity to play basketball for IU and RMK.  He could score from anywhere on the court, and was relentless.  He came back from back surgery in the same season and promptly hit his first six shots and won the Big Ten MVP that season.

I don’t know this Mike Woodson.  I didn’t follow him in the NBA but he had a long career so I thought he must have done pretty well for himself.  Somewhere along the line he changed, or maybe someone stole his identity?  Maybe he wanted to relive his glory years.  I don’t know what happened but this is a different Mike Woodson.

I was surprised when I heard about the hire, but hoped for the best.  He was a great player and learned from the best so maybe he would restore IU to the top and hang another banner.

This is not him.  I don’t know what happened to him along the way but the Mike Woodson I remember wouldn’t allow the program to be the embarrassment of the Big Ten.  Nothing I’ve seen in 3 years suggest he can turn this ship around.

Mike needs to retire like I did and let it go. And it makes me sad.

Go IU

He bounced around the league for 10 years but wasn't very good, there are far worse ways to make money though.

He had no experience coaching college, so I don't think he realized how much different coaching college is from coaching NBA; college coaches don't really have an off season. Nothing malicious on his part but just further highlights it was a bad hire. Plus he's in his 60s and semi retired so he doesn't put as much into it as he needs to.

Lolz. Is the Woodson camp going to send more defenders here to the rescue?

Anyway. Watching that Knicks video absolutely detailed Mike Woodson at Indiana. Nothing is going to change with him. A zebra doesn’t change its stripes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

There’s a positivity thread. Feel free to go spread your love and positivity. This thread is about firing Mike Woodson. Sorry I hurt you. 

Be careful on positivity thread posting Hahahaha is an unwanted negative comment and suggested that is a negative post on that thread.  And jumped on this thread to let it be known.  Lol

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

IU would have to release McNeeley as he is already signed. IU isn't going to release McNeeley unless there is a coaching change. 

Yes, they would have to release him but these days that is pretty much automatic if a player requests it. The schools and coaches who don't get dragged in the media (rightfully, imo) for being a$$holes. They could also just step on campus and then enter the transfer portal so it doesn't make any sense to deny a release. Even if that wasn't the case, forcing someone to be there who doesn't want to be is a bad idea, especially for a struggling program.