Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

14 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Isn't Rutger in the B1G? And this isn't football. 

Resource disparity. . They just signed 2 Top 5 kids. 

So Pikiell should be 16 on that list.  Dogging his shitty job in comparison to Woodson's shitty job isn't doing Woodson any favors.  And whatever resources Rutgers has in men's basketball, we have more.  There are less than a handful of teams that can claim more than we have.

Woodson has to win big this year.  You can't come out and be an arrogant ******* with a record barely above .500 and with a program that isn't designed to "improve" and keep churning out double digit loss seasons.  I flat out don't like him right now.  I think that after his stunts to end the year last year that I'm not the only one.  I think that "Tyme" joker on Twitter speaks for the staff and he is a ******* *******.  They suck at recruiting HS.  They did a good job of running Benjamins through the portal and picked up some good players.  The only thing I have left for this dude is wins.  The minute things look off this year, I am pulling the torch and pitchfork out.  Woody burned up what little goodwill he had with me last year.  You got the team now you arrogant, lazy @$$ hat.  Prove you can win doing things completely different than everyone else oh NBA genius.  And if he can't, well, he showed with Dane Fife that I don't have to give a flying **** what his IU legacy is when he gets shown the door.  And after he is gone we can piss on his ashes with innuendo about what a turd he is.

I like Indiana and that is the ONLY reason I am hoping we win.  Woodson can get ****ed.

43 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So Pikiell should be 16 on that list.  Dogging his shitty job in comparison to Woodson's shitty job isn't doing Woodson any favors.  And whatever resources Rutgers has in men's basketball, we have more.  There are less than a handful of teams that can claim more than we have.

Woodson has to win big this year.  You can't come out and be an arrogant ******* with a record barely above .500 and with a program that isn't designed to "improve" and keep churning out double digit loss seasons.  I flat out don't like him right now.  I think that after his stunts to end the year last year that I'm not the only one.  I think that "Tyme" joker on Twitter speaks for the staff and he is a ******* *******.  They suck at recruiting HS.  They did a good job of running Benjamins through the portal and picked up some good players.  The only thing I have left for this dude is wins.  The minute things look off this year, I am pulling the torch and pitchfork out.  Woody burned up what little goodwill he had with me last year.  You got the team now you arrogant, lazy @$$ hat.  Prove you can win doing things completely different than everyone else oh NBA genius.  And if he can't, well, he showed with Dane Fife that I don't have to give a flying **** what his IU legacy is when he gets shown the door.  And after he is gone we can piss on his ashes with innuendo about what a turd he is.

I like Indiana and that is the ONLY reason I am hoping we win.  Woodson can get ****ed.

The 16th best coach:  The Show's Main Cast, Ranked By Funniness

16 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Two more conference wins and many more out of conference wins. And resources like NIL? That just really started last year, and is turbo-charged this year. Besides, Rugers is a big state school with a monster-sized alumni donor base. They came up with $1,000,000+ for both Harper and Bailey this year.

See what Cig has done at IU? Rutger Basketball has a helluva better history than IU football, is in a target-rich recruiting area, and Pikell has gotten worse, not better as his time there has passed. 

Pikell has had a decade to get it humming and has not, and not only has Woody been immediately better with Archie's crap tenure preceding him, he also has a better roster and I'll betcha again will have better performance than Ruger again this year.

*edits now included to reflect proper spelling of stinking New Jersey State school.

16 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Rutger** 

Are you saying proper spelling is Rutger not Rutgers? Don't think that is correct.

https://www.rutgers.edu/

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Are we now arguing over whether Woodson is the 15th or 16th-best coach in the conference? How far we have dropped.  

Nah. We were arguing about whether Pikell sucks or is decent.

And more importantly, I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that I used a picture of the guy from Whose Line Is It Anyway instead of Pikell, because they're basically the same dude:

The Show's Main Cast, Ranked By FunninessRutgers staves off upset-minded Lehigh ...

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Can't believe Woodson is lower than Danny Sprinkle. I've never heard of him

Sprinkle had some magic at Utah State last year, I think he's an up and coming coach for sure! Are you going to the homecoming game this weekend?

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Are we now arguing over whether Woodson is the 15th or 16th-best coach in the conference? How far we have dropped.  

Well with 18 Big Ten teams not quite rock bottom...at least better than Ben Johnson (the Canadian sprinter or Lions OC?) and Dirk Diggler

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Sprinkle had some magic at Utah State last year, I think he's an up and coming coach for sure! Are you going to the homecoming game this weekend?

I will be around campus all weekend. I am starting with the unveiling of the Mellencamp statue tomorrow at the auditorium. 

Fun fact about Rutgers. It was founded as Queens college, and renamed Rutgers after a very large donor who they hoped to receive a large donation as part of his dying will. The donor didn’t give the university a dime in his will. This is known as the first “RU screw”

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

#optimism!   ;)

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nah. We were arguing about whether Pikell sucks or is decent.

And more importantly, I was waiting to see if anyone noticed that I used a picture of the guy from Whose Line Is It Anyway instead of Pikell, because they're basically the same dude:

The Show's Main Cast, Ranked By FunninessRutgers staves off upset-minded Lehigh ...

Colin Mochrie deserves better!

1 hour ago, Trish said:

He's probably more in the 10-14 range, 16 is a bit of a stretch IMO. 

cant go much lower, arrow has to be pointing up from here whether he's the coach in a few years or its someone else

2 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

Fun fact about Rutgers. It was founded as Queens college, and renamed Rutgers after a very large donor who they hoped to receive a large donation as part of his dying will. The donor didn’t give the university a dime in his will. This is known as the first “RU screw”

This is, serious as a heart attack,  the single most interesting thing that’s been dropped into this cesspool of a thread in months.