Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Saying that's logical is all I need to know about you. Also noticed you didn't quote me. Thanks

Always have to make it personal. You weren't quoted because I knew this would be the type of response you would give. 

Putting Leal in the game with 10 secs to go defensively--- meaning you get 1 of ---- Carlyle, Malik, or MM off the court? Yeah, that's a good, necessary move. 

Catching up and seeing people are upset about a social media meltdown! This was a guarantee as soon as the decision was made to retain Woodson! He called out the fans that probably fueled the hate even more. He has done a good job getting talent for this season and now comes the hard part! Winning is the only way to calm the hostility. If you think missing recruits foe next season is a meltdown wait till things turn even remotely south this season. Expectations are high if coach hasn't figured out how to put a competitive team out we are sunk! Acquiring talent when you can buy it isn't hard but getting a bought team to gel and compete at the highest level day after day is a challenge. Especially if you aren't a elite coach imo

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

For sure. IU's expectations are higher.

But this list from a 'kid-in-mama's-basement' website is purely about which is the best coach.

1. Pikell has a lot of resources and his 'Woody-era' record at Rutgers is pure @$$. Not sure what basis there is for stating that Pikell is a high-level B1G coach. 

2. Fran and Woody are about the same for the past three years.

Pikiell took a horrid program that averaged 23 loses a season the 3 yrs prior to his arrival and has had them in the top 25 in 3 of his 8 seasons the first time since 1979 and 3 of th 7 times in the 111years of the program and made the tourney twice, first times in over 30 yrs.

Pikiell has easily out coached and out performed MW. Not saying I would want him at IU, but what each has done for their program and who has done more isn't even debatable.

4 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

Pikiell took a horrid program that averaged 23 loses a season the 3 yrs prior to his arrival and has had them in the top 25 in 3 of his 8 seasons the first time since 1979 and 3 of th 7 times in the 111years of the program and made the tourney twice, first times in over 30 yrs.

Pikiell has easily out coached and out performed MW. Not saying I would want him at IU, but what each has done for their program and who has done more isn't even debatable.

Pikell has sucked for the three years Woody has been at IU. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Pikell has sucked for the three years Woody has been at IU. 

Sure, but yet Woodson only has 2 more conference wins than Pikell during those three years. When you consider the resource disparity between IU and Rutgers, that’s pretty sad.

12 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sure, but yet Woodson only has 2 more conference wins than Pikell during those three years. When you consider the resource disparity between IU and Rutgers, that’s pretty sad.

Two more conference wins and many more out of conference wins. And resources like NIL? That just really started last year, and is turbo-charged this year. Besides, Rugers is a big state school with a monster-sized alumni donor base. They came up with $1,000,000+ for both Harper and Bailey this year.

See what Cig has done at IU? Rutger Basketball has a helluva better history than IU football, is in a target-rich recruiting area, and Pikell has gotten worse, not better as his time there has passed. 

Pikell has had a decade to get it humming and has not, and not only has Woody been immediately better with Archie's crap tenure preceding him, he also has a better roster and I'll betcha again will have better performance than Ruger again this year.

*edits now included to reflect proper spelling of stinking New Jersey State school.

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Isn't Rutger in the B1G? And this isn't football. 

Resource disparity. . They just signed 2 Top 5 kids. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Two more conference wins and many more out of conference wins. And resources like NIL? That just really started last year, and is turbo-charged this year. Besides, Rutgers is a big state school with a monster-sized alumni donor base. They came up with $1,000,000+ for both Harper and Bailey this year.

See what Cig has done at IU? Rutgers Basketball has a helluva better history than IU football, is in a target-rich recruiting area, and Pikell has gotten worse, not better as his time there has passed. 

Pikell has had a decade to get it humming and has not, and not only has Woody been immediately better with Archie's crap tenure preceding him, he also has a better roster and I'll betcha again will have better performance than Rutgers again this year.

Rutger**