Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

46 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

Still don't have any shooters really.  Goode is a decent shooter not a great one.  That's why we won't go very far in the tournament.

I was told that if you ignore the second half of last season or away games or the 18 of 35 games going oh for, we have some excellent transferred in three point shooters.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

3 instate kids, 2 of them have IU ties and you only get one. After the last 3 seasons. That's Fireable IMO if we don't make the sweet 16 this year

If this roster only makes the Sweet 16 then the calls for him to be fired will be even louder than last season.

Mullins going elsewhere does not make me say fire MW in itself, but it is further evidence that he struggles with HS recruits, even when he invests a lot of time in them. He’s better in short term recruitments and the portal. Probably a combination of many things… personal preferences, concerns about style of play/fit on both sides of the ball… I don’t think his age works against him as much as his lack of energy, maybe charisma. We are fortunate in that our NIL resources and the new portal rules give us a chance to be competitive each year despite the… inherent… challenges. If you want a skill or capability in a company, you can build, buy, or borrow it… this staff should just put all its energy into buying/borrowing talent. For whatever reason, they don’t generally win the long term HS recruiting battles. 

1 hour ago, iu eyedoc said:

I was told that if you ignore the second half of last season or away games or the 18 of 35 games going oh for, we have some excellent transferred in three point shooters.

Oh we have all been told that loud and clear.  Also don't forgot that they will have Sophomore jumps and all will be 40% shooter all the sudden LOL.  I hope it happens but doubt in Woody's archaic offense where it's not his job to get shooters shots. 

49 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

If this roster only makes the Sweet 16 then the calls for him to be fired will be even louder than last season.

If someone’s looking to see Woody go away after this year something like 4 or 5 in the conference and  a Sweet 16 is probably the worst possible outcome. Not bad enough to just force a decision and not good enough for him to call it a win and walk away. The desired outcomes for that are either a complete implosion, and I think the roster’s just too good for that, or a great season, top of the conference and Elite 8/Final 4, that would allow Woody to claim mission accomplished and head off to Boca, presumably with a big check.

31 minutes ago, Demo said:

If someone’s looking to see Woody go away after this year something like 4 or 5 in the conference and  a Sweet 16 is probably the worst possible outcome. Not bad enough to just force a decision and not good enough for him to call it a win and walk away. The desired outcomes for that are either a complete implosion, and I think the roster’s just too good for that, or a great season, top of the conference and Elite 8/Final 4, that would allow Woody to claim mission accomplished and head off to Boca, presumably with a big check.

1,000,000% yes.  And remember this -- Dolson truly 'gets it.' So Demo's best case scenario is almost certainly what Dolson is also hoping for.

PS: @Demo, unless Woody wants to be the next Coach of FAU, it's Jupiter or Hutchinson Island, not Boca.

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

PS: @Demo, unless Woody wants to be the next Coach of FAU, it's Jupiter or Hutchinson Island, not Boca.

Yeah, pretty sure Boca was the spot of choice when Frankie and Dino were doing the whole Rat Pack thing.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

The season has technically started. But missing out on in-state recruits has left a bad taste at the start of the season.

According to a guy close to the Greenfield program told me this morning that no decision has ben made and he doesn't know where he is going.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Oh I definitely agree. I don't think he would get fired after going to the Sweet 16. Just that if that's as high as his ceiling goes with this roster, that's not enough to quiet the Fire Mike Woodson crowd.