Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Not really related to this conversation but I regret to report Daniel Jacobson, the 7 footer they have signed coming in next year, is really REALLY good... We may hate his era as much as Edey by the end of it, though they do have very different play styles 

The thing that Painter had to learn early was not to chase the stars.  He started to learn to identify kids that fit his system and that is where he thrived.  He doesn’t care about the stars.  He gets the kids and then develops.  Not many transfers etc.  He does everything the right way. 

40 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Probably not. The administration does t care. They’ve proven that since 2000. Over and over and over again.

It's party time in Bloomington.  Mike and the boosters hanging out smoking cigars and drinking wine after games, win or lose.  As long as the boosters are enjoying their status, winning doesn't matter. 

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

You should start a Matt Painter thread. You seem to be pretty involved in honoring him. We’re trying to fire a coach here.  

Hey I am in the same boat.  Watching Purdue win with the way that Knight did should be infuriating IU fans. I want Purdue to win to show IU admins and donors how far we have fallen.  

Hey I am in the same boat.  Watching Purdue win with the way that Knight did should be infuriating IU fans. I want Purdue to win to show IU admins and donors how far we have fallen.  
He'll know. If purdue winning a title is what it takes that is stupid

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

IU has fallen way down from the Knight era thanks primarily to the Administration for handicapping us right after he was fired by hiring Mike Davis and having the attitude that the basketball coach and program would never be bigger than the university again.  I hate Turdue, I wished they were never mentioned in any IU threads but their program is way better than us and with them going to the FF4, in-state players will be virtually impossible for us to land

Just now, IUFAN1976 said:

IU has fallen way down from the Knight era thanks primarily to the Administration for handicapping us right after he was fired by hiring Mike Davis and having the attitude that the basketball coach and program would never be bigger than the university again.  I hate Turdue, I wished they were never mentioned in any IU threads but their program is way better than us and with them going to the FF4, in-state players will be virtually impossible for us to land

Dude if I had a kid that was D1 level talent and lived in Indiana and Painter and Woodson were the only two offers.  I would tell my kid he would be an idiot if he took the Woodson offer.  It has literally come down to that we are not the best basketball program in the state anymore.  Can be fixed but there needs to be a want to.  

1 hour ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Do you not see all the movement off the ball that happens?  Do not see how they integrate all the pieces? Painters motion offense is a thing of beauty and will change again next year to fit his pieces.  Best coach in the Bog Ten hands down.  

39 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

He has had different type of players at center:

Landry…..used him as his center and not 7’0”.  Great big for Painter. 

JJ was a skinny kid that was completely different than Edey.  During those years he was a Hummel injury from another chance at a NC.

Then he played Hummel as his center the next year.  Still made the tourney.

AJ Hammons….took him awhile to develop him but turned out pretty good 

Swanigan wasn’t a 7 footer that he got to lose weight and more mobile.  He was at his best under Painter.  Look what happened to him after he left Painter. 

Haas - 7 footer. Underrated recruit that he turned into a great player.

Haarms was not bad but a 7 footer 

Williams wasn’t a 7 footer that was pretty good

Last was Edey and a 7 footer.

If you look at his system only three were back to the basket 7 footers.  JJ wasn’t that.  He was too skinny and a good shooter.  He changes his system to fit his personnel.  Always motion just different calls and sets.  

30 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

The thing that Painter had to learn early was not to chase the stars.  He started to learn to identify kids that fit his system and that is where he thrived.  He doesn’t care about the stars.  He gets the kids and then develops.  Not many transfers etc.  He does everything the right way. 

I think these belong in the WGAF thread. If there isn't one, there should be.

Fire Woodson.

What a concept. Mike Woodson, we’re all looking at you.

30 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

When the shots are falling it is tolerable. That said, Edey-ball is an abomination to watch. If he were officiated correctly and averaged say 3-4 fouls a game, Purdue is like a 22 win team. A 7-4 guy who is slow and plays exclusively on the block averaging under 2 fouls a game at like 35 minutes a game is absurd. Not much you can do about the foul parade at he offensive end, but if he simply had fouls called at even a reasonable rate and couldn't play 40 minutes a game Purdue looks completely different.  Purdue people love to argue he gets fouled every play, and he probably does, but he also commits a foul almost every possession and they simply do not get called. I don't blame painter for riding him, he is a college cheat code since he never gets called for fouls. 

TL;DR: I hate watching Purdue's offense. 

It is crazy how Foul Ming is never in foul trouble ever

14 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

It really is. Painter has done a really good job of subtly promoting the "poor Eady gets picked on" narrative.

24 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I agree!  He should have had at 3 fouls that I counted.  Truth be told, he probably had 5 fouls that weren’t called.  Also, I noticed every time he makes a move and misses a shot or gets it knocked out, he cries he was fouled and then the next time down the floor he gets a foul call for him.  Didn’t he shoot almost 20 free throws, ridiculous.   The guy doesn’t need help from the refs, he’s freaking 7’4” and weighs 300 lbs for Christ sakes, if anything the refs should give the defender the benefit of the doubt but just call it fair.  By the way, what happened to letting them play in the tournament?  Turdue seemed to get a lot of fouls called in their favor throughout the tournament 

Back to firing Mike Woodson. Don't be surprised when we don't use all of the 13 scholarships again this year. We will probably be out of money by scholarship 11 if not then by 12.

I think we're finding out again this year that no guards want to come play in this offense. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Back to firing Mike Woodson. Don't be surprised when we don't use all of the 13 scholarships again this year. We will probably be out of money by scholarship 11 if not then by 12.

I think we're finding out again this year that no guards want to come play in this offense. 

Maybe it would be wise instead of spreading the money around. Consolidate and offer big money to two or three guards?