Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, IU Prof said:

Would Purdue winning the title light a fire under IU the way Michigan winning it all in football did for Ohio State?

The Final 4 is definitely a spark that’s about to be a flame 

23 minutes ago, Trish said:

Purdue in the final four meanwhile Woodson lost his best recruit, couldn’t even make the dance this year, and posted one of the worst offense/defense Indiana has seen in years. 

Pathetic. Mike Woodson is not doing his job. He needs relieved of his duties. 

What?? He got a recruit. I thought he was cooking!

I was watching the Purdue game asking myself what Woodson would do with their roster. As much as it pains me to say, that is a roster full of mid-level talent that has been developed and coached up. They also play like a team. All things that Woodson hasn't exactly excelled at.

5 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

There is no feasible amount of money that will entice Dan Hurley to leave UConn for another college program. (I was gonna say “literally no amount,” but I suppose $100m/year would do it.)

You can put a guy like Hurley in the Brad Stevens, Nate Oats, Bill Self, Erik Spoelstra category.

The one caveat being what happens with the two major conferences, the ncaa, and by extension the fallout for other programs not in the big 2. 

I suspect the tournament and essentially basketball only non-P5 programs carry on in basketball similar to now. But that isn't guaranteed and in a weird realignment a guy like hurley could easily head for a major school if uconn gets marginalized. 

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

The one caveat being what happens with the two major conferences, the ncaa, and by extension the fallout for other programs not in the big 2. 

I suspect the tournament and essentially basketball only non-P5 programs carry on in basketball similar to now. But that isn't guaranteed and in a weird realignment a guy like hurley could easily head for a major school if uconn gets marginalized. 

I just hope IU doesn't get marginalized.

15 minutes ago, bigrod said:

What?? He got a recruit. I thought he was cooking!

I was watching the Purdue game asking myself what Woodson would do with their roster. As much as it pains me to say, that is a roster full of mid-level talent that has been developed and coached up. They also play like a team. All things that Woodson hasn't exactly excelled at.

Watching Purdue play this year is a thing of beauty. Sucks to be an IU fan.  Talent but don’t do a thing with it.  

3 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Watching Purdue play this year is a thing of beauty. Sucks to be an IU fan.  Talent but don’t do a thing with it.  

Sucks to be an IU fan right now for sure.

But I have no idea how someone could watch Purdue play this year and call it beautiful. Zach Edey shooting 25 free throws/game is a lot of things… but beautiful? Yeah idk about that. 

The Final 4 is definitely a spark that’s about to be a flame 

Probably not. The administration does t care. They’ve proven that since 2000. Over and over and over again.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Woody made back to back tournaments. He’s doing his job. What more do you want from the guy? 

You're right, we know he's doing his job because he told us. Recruiting, building relationships, and supporting other IU programs are obviously not his job.

I remember way back to last summer when he was telling everyone he was here to win now and wanted to hang banner #6. Ahhh... memories...

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

But I have no idea how someone could watch Purdue play this year and call it beautiful. Zach Edey shooting 25 free throws/game is a lot of things… but beautiful? Yeah idk about that. 

True. Maybe it was the 33 wins and Final Four that were clouding his vision.

I just hope IU doesn't get marginalized.

If it’s based on recent past performances, they gone. FB and BB. Maybe Cig changes FB, but with BB and Woodson, “abandon hope all he that enter here.”

6 minutes ago, bigrod said:

You're right, we know he's doing his job because he told us. Recruiting, building relationships, and supporting other IU programs are obviously not his job.

I remember way back to last summer when he was telling everyone he was here to win now and wanted to hang banner #6. Ahhh... memories...

Boy do I have good news for you… Insiders are reporting that tomorrow Dolson is unveiling a 6th banner for Woody landing his first 2024 recruit. 4 straight years of landing at least one high school player! 

7 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

4 minutes ago, bigrod said:

True. Maybe it was the 33 wins and Final Four that were clouding his vision.

Do you not see all the movement off the ball that happens?  Do not see how they integrate all the pieces? Painters motion offense is a thing of beauty and will change again next year to fit his pieces.  Best coach in the Bog Ten hands down.  

3 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Do you not see all the movement off the ball that happens?  Do not see how they integrate all the pieces? Painters motion offense is a thing of beauty and will change again next year to fit his pieces.  Best coach in the Bog Ten hands down.  

Painter hasn’t changed his offense in 12+ years, he just recruits a new 7 footer to put in it. 

Just now, JerryYeagley23 said:

Painter hasn’t changed his offense in 12+ years, he just recruits a new 7 footer to put in it. 

He has had different type of players at center:

Landry…..used him as his center and not 7’0”.  Great big for Painter. 

JJ was a skinny kid that was completely different than Edey.  During those years he was a Hummel injury from another chance at a NC.

Then he played Hummel as his center the next year.  Still made the tourney.

AJ Hammons….took him awhile to develop him but turned out pretty good 

Swanigan wasn’t a 7 footer that he got to lose weight and more mobile.  He was at his best under Painter.  Look what happened to him after he left Painter. 

Haas - 7 footer. Underrated recruit that he turned into a great player.

Haarms was not bad but a 7 footer 

Williams wasn’t a 7 footer that was pretty good

Last was Edey and a 7 footer.

If you look at his system only three were back to the basket 7 footers.  JJ wasn’t that.  He was too skinny and a good shooter.  He changes his system to fit his personnel.  Always motion just different calls and sets.  

1 minute ago, IUGRAD06 said:

He has had different type of players at center:

Landry…..used him as his center and not 7’0”.  Great big for Painter. 

JJ was a skinny kid that was completely different than Edey.  During those years he was a Hummel injury from another chance at a NC.

Then he played Hummel as his center the next year.  Still made the tourney.
AJ Hammons….took him awhile to develop him but turned out pretty good 

Swanigan wasn’t a 7 footer that he got to lose weight and more mobile.  He was at his best under Painter.  Look what happened to him after he left Painter. 

Haas - 7 footer. Underrated recruit that he turned into a great player.

Haarms was not bad but a 7 footer 

Williams wasn’t a 7 footer that was pretty good

Last was Edey and a 7 footer.

If you look at his system only three were back to the basket 7 footers.  JJ wasn’t that.  He was too skinny and a good shooter.  He changes his system to fit his personnel.  Always motion just different calls and sets.  

Not really related to this conversation but I regret to report Daniel Jacobson, the 7 footer they have signed coming in next year, is really REALLY good... We may hate his era as much as Edey by the end of it, though they do have very different play styles