Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

15 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

The alternative is that... fans could root for the team they support... to win. 

I want Woodson gone too but if as you say we miraculously have a solid team with a good season, I'd hope half the fans could get behind the team even if they don't think the coach is what's best for the program. I just don't think it's realistic to hope that he makes any announcement about next season being his last no matter what before the season even starts. 

That’s 100% where I’m at. If he loses he’s gone, and if he wins and does well…so be it. Nearly a win-win all around, happy either way.

7 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Yeah I feel the same way for the most part. How they start the season is going to matter a lot, for many reasons. 

There's just no way he's announcing before next season that it will be his last no matter what IMO. 

I don’t see any way that he’ll leave voluntarily. IU will have to fire him. 

im fully expecting another bubble season and early tournament exit. Woodson will get a nice extension and raise because “you can’t fire a guy who led you to three tournament appearances in four seasons.” The pumpers will then tout the sick new round of 64 banner hanging in the Hall. 

He is not going anywhere this year so we should be pulling for him to have the best team possible to have a successful year. I don’t care who the coach is, I want them to be successful so the program is successful. If he fails then Dolson will take care of it next year. 

7 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

That’s 100% where I’m at. If he loses he’s gone, and if he wins and does well…so be it. Nearly a win-win all around, happy either way.

I feel the same way but only if he really wins. Not barely making the tournament and getting our butts kicked in the round of 32.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I guess we could but would both of them want to go to the same school.

Mack would fit more of what we need, but personally I'd opt for Perkins if we had to choose. Proven production in the B10... would love both though. So many roster holes, can't wait to start fillin em! #TrueFanClub

3 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Mack would fit more of what we need, but personally I'd opt for Perkins if we had to choose. Proven production in the B10... would love both though. So many roster holes, can't wait to start fillin em! #TrueFanClub

I think we should end all posts with #Truefanclub

5 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Get both and either play Galloway as a 3rd guard or super sub off the bench? Huge proponent of multiple ball handlers on the floor at all times.

38 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Tucker fits the profile of one of Woodson's spring 5 star commitments. Looks likely, that's good. 

We just have to fill so many roster spots, I can't get excited about "our haul" yet, especially if Tucker and Perkins end up being the big gets.

I am not getting excited about anything until they are on the court winning.  We do this dance every offseason where we get a team that looks OK or even good on paper and then just...meh.  

I am holding all excitement until after the Bahamas trip.  That is where they can change my mind.  Until then, I expect Woody-ball no matter who he has on the team.  We had the best roster (by HS rankings) in the Big Ten last year.  Woodson can get talent, he just underperforms with it.