Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

The buyout next year is just a million dollars.  Granted it will be for 8 more years, but still just 1 million next year.  I'm sure there's a wealthy alum that likes winning basketball more than wine and cigars that would pony up that amount. 

Still the 12 total if we fire him this year.  I thought I read that we can pay this year buyout 1 million per year for the next 12 years. So what's your point it's still 12 mill if we fire him this year or next because we don't pay next years salary. 

8 minutes ago, JF87 said:

I wish Dolson would publicly set expectations for this next year.  This is Woodson's 4th year. Imo, we need to be top 4 in the new 18 team Big Ten, in the Big Ten Tournament semis, and a Sweet 16 appearance.  Anything short of that will be unsatisfactory in my opinion considering all the money that our NILs are spending (or willing to spend) on a roster.  

Sadly I think the administration would be content with top 14 in conference next year. 

13 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

He got his feelings hurt when Miller was hired though.

Speaking of this, where is KathywithaC?  We haven't heard from her since she came to prep us for the bad news that Woodson was returning because something about "the wheels of progress move slowly on the IU campus".

2 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Still the 12 total if we fire him this year.  I thought I read that we can pay this year buyout 1 million per year for the next 12 years. So what's your point it's still 12 mill if we fire him this year or next because we don't pay next years salary. 

Yes, you're correct 12 million if we fire him this year that can be spread out 1 million a year for the next 12 years.  I think 7.5 million next year which can be paid out 1 million a year.  

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

He's a smart player on a team that needs smart players. I will give you that. But skill wise, he is not a Big Ten player. Those two things can both be true. I think it speaks more to team IQ than anything. I don't see many other teams where he would get more than a few minutes a game.

Well Ethan Morton is playing for arguably the best team in the country.. so I know he'd be getting minutes there. Unless you feel he's worse than Morton. He is a Big Ten caliber talent. No less than Hartman was even he was here. He's proven that on the floor.

I feel that the in state recruiting is only going to get tougher for Coach Portal and his staff. Strews and May are bad enough, but when the new teams from the pac come in they’ll also put a lot of pressure on him because they will have more success recruiting in state because their families will be able to watch them play now. The 25’ class will be serious doubt with a new coach coming in and having to play catch up. I live in Lafayette so I guess I can always go see the in state kids play anytime I want! 

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

He's a smart player on a team that needs smart players. I will give you that. But skill wise, he is not a Big Ten player. Those two things can both be true. I think it speaks more to team IQ than anything. I don't see many other teams where he would get more than a few minutes a game.

Well Ethan Morton is playing for arguably the best team in the country.. so I know he'd be getting minutes there. Unless you feel he's worse than Morton. He is a Big Ten caliber talent. No less than Hartman was even he was here. He's proven that on the floor.

26 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Speaking of this, where is KathywithaC?  We haven't heard from her since she came to prep us for the bad news that Woodson was returning because something about "the wheels of progress move slowly on the IU campus".

Hmmm. NGW quits and KathywithaC isn't seen after that. 

28 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Yes, you're correct 12 million if we fire him this year that can be spread out 1 million a year for the next 12 years.  I think 7.5 million next year which can be paid out 1 million a year.  

His point was that the total amount would be the same... if we keep him this year and fire him at the end of the season, he will get the $7.5M buyout PLUS is $4.3-$4.5M salary for the year = about $12M; OR we fire him now for $12M total.

1 minute ago, Coach Robby said:

What do you honestly think the staff's pitch is to visiting portal guards? 

I honestly think it's money. For sure all the other usual stuff is addressed--how they'll be used, the academics, fan base, alumni network, nba connections, etc. Pitches are also tailored to the individual. They know through speaking with the kids and the people around him ahead of time what his priorities are so they can customize a visit to a certain extent. 

7 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

What do you honestly think the staff's pitch is to visiting portal guards? 

We have 40 mins available for a starting pg in 1 of the 2 best power conferences.  We were 1 pg away from being a tourney team last year if you come here you are the missing piece.   We will surround you with talent just need someone to orchestrate them.    Look how bad we were without a PG.   you ready to elevate the Indiana program?

38 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I will say I've spoken to her a few times since the Liam thread and I actually think she means well and has some good info. She came in hot the first day and people didn't know if they should trust her or not. But I really believe she is connected some how and thinks she wants what we do. 

so no tar and feathering ;)