Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

The Fish….He takes the snap…he rolls out… he’s scrambling for his life…he throws the ball…what an unbelievable catch…touchdown Indiana…oh, he dropped the ball.  Unbelievable.

This is why I was against Dusty (more so against hiring mid-major coaches off one good year). Anything can happen in a single-elimination tournament. He had a great year last season but he’s still a big risk of a hire. We’ll see how he does at Louisville. 

6 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This is why I was against Dusty (more so against hiring mid-major coaches off one good year). Anything can happen in a single-elimination tournament. He had a great year last season but he’s still a big risk of a hire. We’ll see how he does at Louisville. 

So would you take Chris Collins then?

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So, let me hit you with this scenario. Not that this is the only possible scenario, but it a likely one and therefore the one I'm curious about:

1. IU has another year with Woody and it goes "okay."
    • Fifth in the B1G, a tournament 9 seed, and a first round loss.
  2. High school recruiting is still completely in the dumpster. 
  3. No dream list candidate is interested. As a point of comparison, let's use this year's version of guys that aren't leaving their current jobs: Stevens, Donovan, Wright, Drew, Pearl, Otzelberger, Oats, and Beard (a non-starter proposition). All are proven big winners with massive contracts, massive buyouts, and/or are happy with their current situation. And Collins doesn't really want to leave either, and if he did Boo Buie and Langborn ain't coming with.

Now, given that likely scenario (it's what UL and UM are looking at), what do you do?

1. Stay with Woody
  2. Go get a successful mid-major coach.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I agree with that. But we need officials to start calling it differently 

Doesn’t the B10 hire these refs and dictates how they call the game?  Don’t most of these refs work in other conferences too?

18 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Porter Moser and Wes Miller had much better resumes and have failed recently. If he didn’t have IU ties this wouldn’t even be a thing.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So, let me hit you with this scenario. Not that this is the only possible scenario, but it a likely one and therefore the one I'm curious about:

3. No dream list candidate is interested. As a point of comparison, let's use this year's version of guys that aren't leaving their current jobs: Stevens, Donovan, Wright, Drew, Pearl, Otzelberger, Oats, Beard. All are proven big winners with massive contracts, massive buyouts, and/or are happy with their current situation.

Now, given that likely scenario (it's what UL and UM are looking at), what do you do?

1. Stay with Woody

Move Coach Moren over to the men's team. At least she has some sort of an idea how to run an effective offense and defense and recruit all 5 positions. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

So would you take Chris Collins then?

Man they could give the job to @Hornsby at this point and I’d be happy that Woodson’s gone. 

As for Collins, not really. He’s mediocre at the P5 level, which I rank below good at the mid-major level. He has some restrictions at NU that he wouldn’t have at IU, but he’s had too many just really bad seasons for me. At least the mid-major guy is unknown at the P5 level and could see their success carry over. 

With that said, if my options were Woodson and Collins, I’m taking Collins every time. 

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

3. No dream list candidate is interested. As a point of comparison, let's use this year's version of guys that aren't leaving their current jobs: Stevens, Donovan, Wright, Drew, Pearl, Otzelberger, Oats, and Beard (a non-starter proposition). All are proven big winners with massive contracts, massive buyouts, and/or are happy with their current situation. And Collins doesn't really want to leave either, and if he did Boo Buie and Langborn ain't coming with.

1. Stay with Woody

I’d still be interested in resetting with a successful mid major if that was the only alternative to Woodson. Gotta keep swinging if you want to hit a home run.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

1. Stay with Woody

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Man they could give the job to @Hornsby at this point and I’d be happy that Woodson’s gone. 

As for Collins, not really. He’s mediocre at the P5 level, which I rank below good at the mid-major level. He has some restrictions at NU that he wouldn’t have at IU, but he’s had too many just really bad seasons for me. At least the mid-major guy is unknown at the P5 level and could see their success carry over. 

With that said, if my options were Woodson and Collins, I’m taking Collins every time. 

You realize that to get Collins away from Northwestern we would have to pay him about $5 million a year for seven years, with a very hefty buyout, right?

And you're good with that being the end of our rainbow for the next seven years?