Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I thought he might have had a little line about 'real fans' but I don't recall.  He gave a really long speech and his final line was "So I'll be coming back next to play in front of the best fans in the country, best place in Assembly Hall and the best coach in the country."

You can take that last part as a dig at the fans or as him showing appreciation for Woodson.  Personally, I think from the way he talked about Woodson that it was appreciation mostly and partially him expressing hurt from hearing fans talk about the coach he likes.  I don't like Woodson as a coach, I don't like the way he refuses to answers questions and I don't  like the way he doesn't take responsibility.  But if Trey is willing to say the things he did -- even if they were exaggerated -- I think at the minimum that he does Woodson to stay on.

MAYBE when CMW says he’ll be back next year he really means as the kindly old grandfather emeritus, and when Galloway says he’s playing for the best coach in the world he means Bruce FREAKIN’ Pearl!!!!

22 minutes ago, JimmerNoe said:

Just curious, did we even spend all of our money this year? I feel like Ware is a higher 6 figure player as well as Malik and Mgbako. But going down the list I just don’t see many players commanding high dollar amounts on our current roster. Is there an expectation that most of this money will go into portal studs? (Hopefully of course)

I’ve heard that Ware asked for 500K just to visit. So I’m sure he got another 500K for committing.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I’ve heard that Ware asked for 500K just to visit. So I’m sure he got another 500K for committing.

Did IU give him 500K to visit?  As in if he didn't commit to IU, would he have gotten 500K?  That wouldn't seem legal even with NIL.

The fact that highly wealthy/successful/heirs of highly successful people think throwing MORE money at this problem fixes anything really speaks to the problem at hand. That or I’m poor and I just don’t understand. 

Ware is such a player. Having him and TJD in back to back years was such a treat. 

I do not expect we will see a third year with such rim protection and scoring capability. 

That does not mean we can't find success, but Woody does value that role a lot. Curious who we land for that slot. 

Guards, guards, guards please... and a wing too. 

2 minutes ago, Trish said:

Whatever money Indiana used last season, it didn’t buy a bench that’s for sure. 

If somehow Woodson can scrap together a solid 8-9 man rotation next year they could be fine. I’m sure he will bring in another rim protector but damn he needs to go get some guards that can shoot.

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

5 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Did IU give him 500K to visit?  As in if he didn't commit to IU, would he have gotten 500K?  That wouldn't seem legal even with NIL.

I'm guessing that means $500K was the starting point in any negotiation and not Ware wanting to get paid for simply showing up and having a weekend?

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Really?  We have to pay players just to visit?  How does that fall into NIL?  I thought the players had to do something to receive the money. (Oops! asked and answered)

I'm old school I guess. I wish we could hit a reset button, send these guys to the NBA, ands go back to 3-4 year players. I get it... I'm in the minority and living in the past....

I understand that would mean D1 competition with a lot of D2 talent... but I would sacrifice talent level to have a school to cheer for while watching talent get evaluated a la Brian Evans & Tom Coverdale.

Less contract negotiations, more living room sales pitches.

Get off my lawn!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

And by evaluated, I mean developed... take it easy, it's getting late, almost time for bed for the old guy

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

And that's in year two of nil. What's it going to take in five years triple that?

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

16 million.. thats if the NCAA even exists within the next few years....