Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Matt Dougherty went 19-16 and got fired but unc is a serious program.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

and also brought in good recruits. They just knew the style of play wasn't to their standard.

Matt Dougherty went 19-16 and got fired but unc is a serious program.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Gillespie was fired after two season and missing one tournament. They realized it was wrong decision, had their guy and made their move. Maybe we should take lessons. Literally didn’t make it too the two year mark of hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There is quite literally zero risk to firing Mike Woodson. None. He has zero recruits coming in, so no worry of losing them if he’s fired. He turns 66 years old in two weeks, so no worry about firing a long-term answer. Instead of starting over with a 66 year old and hoping he can start doing all the things he’s failed to do for the past 3 seasons, why not start over with someone new? Even in the absolute best case scenario, Woodson’s only here for a few more years anyway. No way this dude is still coaching in his 70s. He barely does the job now. 

Now watch them fund an expedition to find the fountain of youth, they like him and apparently that's all that matters to keep his job.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

There is quite literally zero risk to firing Mike Woodson. None. He has zero recruits coming in, so no worry of losing them if he’s fired. He turns 66 years old in two weeks, so no worry about firing a long-term answer. Instead of starting over with a 66 year old and hoping he can start doing all the things he’s failed to do for the past 3 seasons, why not start over with someone new? Even in the absolute best case scenario, Woodson’s only here for a few more years anyway. No way this dude is still coaching in his 70s. He barely does the job now. 

But he made the tournament his first two years and he’s an Indiana legend! 

13 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Gillespie was fired after two season and missing one tournament. They realized it was wrong decision, had their guy and made their move. Maybe we should take lessons. Literally didn’t make it too the two year mark of hiring.

Gillespie was a drunk.

Sure you didn’t mean Guthrie?

3 hours ago, kottke said:

Sounds like Trilly is hearing Dusty to OSU, but he’s still trying to confirm what he’s hearing. Hopefully not.

In that case, it has to be Bruce Pearl to Indiana... please, please, please...

39 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Record never has been the reason. The style of play, recruits coming in, future and trajectory of the program.

C’mon of course the record matters. The trajectory is measured largely by results - the record.  Certainly there are reasons to consider making a change but IF the team ends the year with several wins his seat becomes less hot. I would likely still want to make a change but down the road we are going to want a new arena or an upgrade practice facility and those donors that want to keep Woody will be the ones paying for that.  

5 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

C’mon of course the record matters. The trajectory is measured largely by results - the record.  Certainly there are reasons to consider making a change but IF the team ends the year with several wins his seat becomes less hot. I would likely still want to make a change but down the road we are going to want a new arena or an upgrade practice facility and those donors that want to keep Woody will be the ones paying for that.  

What I want to know is, if donors have that much influence, why are IU’s big donors so clueless? 20 years of crap and here we are. Next year. That’s when the magic happens.

When we were up 12 late in 2nd half, I turned to my dad and said MSU will cut to 6 or 7 by half and have it nearly tied by the first media TO. Sadly far too predictable